The Psychology Department Living and Learning Community (LLC), located in Adams Hall, gives freshmen the opportunity to become part of a unique experience with fellow psychology majors. LLCs offer programs that reflect the interests of the community members, host study sessions and provide academic and social support to you through an on-site Resident Peer Mentor and Resident Advisors.
By being part of an LLC, you’ll have the opportunity to experience a more personal and less formal way of learning. You’ll live among students who share the same interests and would build strong relationships with your peers.
Why Choose the Psychology LLC?
Benefits of living in the Psychology Department LLC include:
- Making new friends with similar academic interests
- Learning academic skills and strategies that would promote success
- Gaining an increased knowledge about your major and career options
- Forming study groups and sharing learning experiences
- Having enjoyable and educational in-house programming/events
- Interacting with psychology faculty
- Receiving guidance and support from Psychology upperclassmen in the LLC
LLCs are recommended for all incoming first-year psychology students. Only first-year students are eligible for the Psychology LLC.
How to Join
If you are a first-year student, Living and Learning Community information will be included in your housing packet. However, space in the LLC is limited and you will be assigned based on the date of receipt of your deposit. For more information, contact the Department of Housing and Residential Life at 401.874.4151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.