Summer Tours: June 11 through August 24, 2012.
All campus tours are walking tours led by student tour guides ready to give you a first-hand view of our beautiful campus (approximately 90 minutes). We understand that your time may be limited, but we strongly encourage you to take a tour and attend an Admission Information Session to ensure that we answer all of your questions.
Reservations are only required for visits starting Tuesday, August 14 through Friday, August 24. Instructions on how to register are on the August page of the Tour Schedule (at right).
Each day there are six options from which you can choose:
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tour
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tour followed by the 11:45 a.m.
Admission Information Session
- 11:45 a.m. Admission Information Session
- 11:45 a.m. Admission Information Session followed by the 12:30 p.m. Campus Tour
- 12:30 p.m. Campus Tour
- 2:00 p.m. Campus Tour
Know your major? Be sure to check the calendar for special college and major-specific information sessions (marked with an asterisk)—make the most of your visit! If you are interested in attending one of those, option 4 above will provide you with sufficient time.
What is an Admission Information Session?
At URI, our Information Sessions give an overview of the academic and other opportunities available to students. Each presenter is a professional member of admission team who will also provide you with important details about the application process specific to URI. You will also hear from current students who share their personal perspectives on student life, academics, and all aspects of the URI experience.
Using a GPS to find your way to URI? Enter 45 Upper College Rd., Kingston, RI 02881 as your destination – this is to our Visitors Center. Need printed directions? Click here to put in your address to get directions from your door to ours. We encourage you to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your tour to allow yourself ample time to park and get directions at our Visitors Center.
What about parking?
URI provides designated parking lots for our guests. Once you arrive on campus, go directly to our Visitors Center (watch for yellow banners). The staff at the Visitors Center will provide you with a parking pass and directions to your destination on campus. They also have a copy of the calendar for every day that campus tours and informations sessions are offered.
What else should you know?
- When to arrive: We encourage you to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your tour to allow yourself ample time to park and get whatever information you need. The Visitors Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and closed on Sunday.
- Prepare for the weather: Please be aware of the weather forecast and dress appropriately for your visit. If it looks like rain, please bring an umbrella because we are unable to provide them for all of our guests. Click here to check the weather forecast for Kingston.
- Places to stay: Because URI is located in a historic village just miles from the beaches, there are numerous hotels and inns. For your convenience, our local Tourism Council has a complete listing. Click here to learn more.
- Transportation options: Because the area hosts year-round visitors, you have easy access to planes, trains, and buses. Click here to learn more.
- What to do: There’s always something happening on our campus and in our community. Click here to see our campus events calendar or click here to see what’s happening in the nearby communities.
Need Special Assistance?
If you need to have a sign-language interpreter, please allow us as much advance notice as possible to arrange for a certified interpreter from the Rhode Island Commission for the State and Hard of Hearing. The best way to notify is to call us at (401) 874-7100. Be sure to leave your name, the date and time you’re planning to visit, and a telephone number where you can be reached during the day.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation, please call (401) 874-7100 at least three business days in advance. For TTY assistance, please call R.I. Relay Service at (800) 745-5555.