- How are the funds liquidated on a blanket purchase order that has expired?
- How is a blanket purchase order cancelled before the expiration date?
- What if delivery on a standard purchase order is not received in the fiscal year that it is encumbered?
- Where can I find a list of Internal Vendors?
- What is the current process for ordering from URI Internal Vendors?
- What documentation is sent to General Accounting when goods are received from an Internal Vendor?
- Do I need to obtain competitive quotes when purchasing from an Internal Vendor?
- Where do I find the Invoice Voucher form?
- When is it appropriate to use an Invoice Voucher?
- What is the website for the State of Rhode Island Division of Purchases?
- Where can I find a complete listing of Master Price Agreements (MPA’s)?
- Do I have to use the MPA vendor if I find an item(s) less expensive somewhere else?
- If I am using an MPA, do I have to get 3 quotes?
- Can I order any product from a MPA vendor?
- Where can I find a listing of all State Bids?
- How are vehicles purchased?
- Will I lose my funds if the vehicle is not delivered in the fiscal year that the funds are encumbered?
- Can a LVPO be processed to a vendor that is not in PeopleSoft?
- Are we required to get competitive quotes if we are using an LVPO?
- How do I purchase from a vendor that will only accept a credit card?
- How can I obtain an e-quote from Dell Computer?
- How do I find a vendor by FEIN?
- What account code do I use to purchase furniture?
- What is the vendor # for Correctional Industries?
- Are The Good 5¢ Cigar, the University Club and the URI Alumni Center internal vendors?
- What is the difference between a single source, a sole source and a proprietary source procurement?
- Are reimbursements for purchases made with personal funds allowed?
- How do I find a FRS Account Number for a particular chartfield string?
- What is needed on a college requisition to renew a service agreement with the Remi Group?
- What is required to put a photocopier under maintenance agreement?
- How are applications for an IPad purchased?
- How do I purchase from Amazon.com?
A: The final receiving report needs to be sent to Accounts Payable. If the balance is not liquidated you will need to contact the PS Financial Lab at x4-7048. A college requisition is not required to liquidate the balance on a blanket purchase order that has expired.
A: A college requisition is needed to process an advice of change to cancel the purchase order. The requisition must reference the purchase order number and the dollar amount that is being cancelled.
A: Standard purchase orders that are not received in the current fiscal year will be rolled to the new fiscal year. No advice of change is required to encumber the funds for the next fiscal year.
A: Most Internal Vendors in the Peoplesoft database have a Vendor ID number that begins with URI_. The navigation in PeopleSoft is: Vendors/vendor, in the Vendor ID field: type URI_ and click search.
A: Standard purchases (one-time delivery/one-time payment):
The requisitioning department must complete an on-line “Internal Vendor ” requisition and if appropriate, attach the internal vendor form. Please refer to the Internal Vendor Requisition Manual for further instructions
Blanket Purchases (multiple deliveries/multiple payments):
The requisitioning department must complete an on-line “college” requisition and if appropriate,
attach the internal vendor form. Please refer to the College Requisition (CR) Blanket (multiple deliveries/multiple payments) Manual for further instruction
A: None. The internal vendor will handle the processing of a credit statement.
A: Typically when purchasing from an internal vendor competitive quotes are not required. However, purchases from the URI Bookstore and RAM Computers are competitive. Many of the items sold in these areas are currently available on State Master Price Agreements (examples include Apple Computers, Dell Computers, etc.)
A: There is a link on both the Controller’s website
A: Invoice Vouchers are only for goods/services that are exempt from Purchasing, i.e. Dues & Subscriptions, Utility Services, Memberships, Registration Fees.
A: Master Price Agreements. Select Search for a listing of all MPA’s, select the MPA Number and then the Award Number.
A: In most cases the answer is no because these contracts have been bid competively. However, it is important to review each individual MPA for any special instructions for utilizing the MPA. This is often the case with multi-vendor construction and service related MPA’s.
A: If the MPA is for specific items and there is no provision for a discount on items that are not listed, the items cannot be purchased from that vendor without following the policies and procedures for LVPO’s.
A: State of Rhode Island Division of Purchases go to Vendor Information/Bid/Grant Opportunities/State Agency Bids. Select a status, enter criteria, if any and click the search button. To view a listing of all active State bids, choose only the active bid status and click the search button.
To view Public Bids solicited by URI Purchasing: State of Rhode Island Division of Purchases Vendor Information/Bid/Grant Opportunities/External Postings. Select University of Rhode Island as the Bidding Entities and click search.
A: The State Division of Purchases solicits a bid once per year for all state agencies. Typically, requisitions are due in November, bids solicited in December/January with an estimated award time of March.
A: Vehicle Budget/Expense Process for Fund 100 – If a pre-encumbrance exists and the vehicle is received in a subsequent fiscal year, the Budget Office will ensure that the department will not be asked to budget again for this item.
Vehicle Budget/Expense Process for all funds (excluding Fund 100, Fund 500, Foundation and Agency Funds) – If a pre-encumbrance exists and the vehicle is received in a subsequent fiscal year, funds will be carried forward into the new year.
If you are using Fund 500 please contact Sponsored & Cost Accounting.
A: No. In order to process an on-line LV Requisition, the vendor must be in PeopleSoft. If the vendor is not in PeopleSoft, the requisitioning deparrment will need to obtain a URI W-9 from the vendor forward to General Accounting. Once the vendor has been added to PeopleSoft you may process the on-line LV Requisition.
A: If the purchase is less than $500 quotations are not required.
If the purchase is between $501 – $2,500 at least 3 telephone quotes are required
If the purchase is between $2,501 – $5,000 at least 3 written quotes are required
Please review section 2.16 of the URI Purchasing Manual.
A: If the purchase can only be made by credit card, process a LVPO (if within the LVPO limit), have the authorized agent sign the LVPO and forward to Trish Casey in the Controller’s Office.
A: First time users must request “Shopper” access by contacting the Dell representative James Baker at Andy_Meyer@dell.com Once you have obtained “Shopper” access you can configure an e-quote on the Dell Premier website: http://premier.dell.com. Attach the e-quote to your on-line college requisition and submit for the necessary approval(s).
A: The navigation in PeopleSoft is as follows:
Query/Query Viewer/U_FAP_VENDOR_LOOKUP_BY_TIN, run to HTML, enter the TIN (FEIN #) and click view: ex: 942404110.
A: Office Furniture is charged to 5323 – Office Expenses. Dorm, classroom and outdoor furniture is charged to 5432 – Educational & Recreational Supplies & Expenses. If an individual item is over $5,000 it is charged to 9654 – Capital Equipment.
A complete list of account codes/descriptions and a list of frequently used accounts can be found at account codes.
A: The vendor # is 6255 and is listed under State of Rhode Island – use address #27
A: No, The Good 5Â¢ Cigar’s vendor # is 1207 and is listed under URI Student Senate â€“ use address #6. The University Club’s vendor number is 6856. The Alumni Association of URI’s vendor number is 218.
A: A Single Source procurement is one in which two or more vendors can supply the goods/services but the department selects one vendor over the others for reason such as expertise or previous experience.
A Sole Source procurement is where only one source is practicably available for the goods or services required.
A Proprietary Source procurement is where the desired goods/services must be restricted to one manufacturer. Proprietary items may be available from several distributors through competitive bidding, however, competition has been restricted to this group of suppliers.
A: Reimbursements require prior approval from the Controller’s Office and will only be allowed in extenuating circumstances with the exception of reimbursement for meals.
A: The navigation in PeopleSoft is: Reporting Tools/Query Viewer. Select Advanced Search, Enter the Query Name: U_FGL_SPEEDTYPE and click search. Select HTML for the query, select URIPS as the SetID, Enter a % in SpeedType, enter the fund, department, program, a % in project and click View Results.
A: The following information is needed:
- Prior Purchase Order #
- Description of the equipment: Brand, Model #, Serial # and Remi Tag number if it’s been tagged.
- Effective Period (Note: policy period is July 1st – June 30 and is renewed annually)
- Finally, the cost for the service agreement which should be the same as long as the equipment has been on the policy without interrupted service.
A:Vendor, Blanket Requirement date, Make, Model Number, Serial Number, Equipment ID number (if applicable), Master Price Agreement Number (MPA#337 or MPA#79), cost per copy and the number of copies. Also if renewing agreement, prior PO number.
A:Institutional Apps are available from RAM Computers.
A:Purchases to Amazon.com can be made only by using a PCARD.