The University of Rhode Island began implementing PeopleSoft on-line requisitioning as a pilot program with the College of Engineering on May 3, 2010. We are very pleased with the results of the pilot and will begin phasing in additional departments beginning in September 2010 and will continue until all colleges/departments are processing requisitions on-line.
The purpose of PeopleSoft on-line requisitioning is to streamline the requisition approval process by eliminating the need to generate printed requisitions for manual signature approvals. Implementing workflow will significantly improve the time-consuming process of transferring printed requisitions from one hand to the next through the use of technology that will automate the approval process in addition to pre-encumbering/encumbering the funds.
On-line requisitioning will replace not only the college requisition form used for procurements from external and internal vendors but will replace the manual process of issuing a Limited Value Purchase Order (LVPO) and the processing of Research subcontracts.
Training classes will be scheduled on a college/department by department basis for individual “requesters” and will be a requirement before gaining access to the Purchasing Requisition module of PeopleSoft.
The Financials Lab will provide an on-line Requisition “approval” training class. Approvers for each department will be provided a link to the training via email. Once the training has been completed Approver access will be granted in Peoplesoft.
The following manuals have been developed for each type of on-line requisition and are intended to assist those individuals who have completed the training. These training manuals are subject to change, therefore, we suggest that you refer to these manuals on-line.
- College Requisition (CR) Standard (one-time delivery/one-time payment)
- College Requisition (CR) Blanket (multiple deliveries/multiple payments)
- College Requisition (CR) Advice of Change
- College Requisition for Office of Capital Projects
- Internal Vendor (IV) Requisition (one-time delivery/one-time payment)
- Limited Value (LV) Requisition
- Subcontract Requisition (SC)
- How to track the status of a requisition
- How to check the status of multiple requisitions by “Requester”
- How to view a Requisition in Report Manager
- Who was my CR assigned to in Purchasing?
- Sample Requisitions