FeedBack

Dear QuadAngles Editor,

Lucas Hearn’s work is definitely “unique.”

Saying that it is “so unique that it won a major award…” implies that uniqueness can be compared, which, according to its dictionary definition, it cannot.

This is a common error, but it is to be hoped that a publication like yours, from a university such as URI, would be careful to avoid errors such as this. It is also to be hoped that you will accept my criticism in the spirit of helpfulness in which it is intended.

—Most sincerely, Hazel G. Smith, M.L.S. ’74

Editor’s Note: Our mistake, and thank you, Hazel, we appreciate it.

Englhart-v5

The Online Conversation

“A Closer Look at Carbs”

For a couple of years I thought it was gluten that was bothering me. I did exactly what your article talked about. Labels were read for what was in the food I was eating. Processed food has been off my diet for years. After careful consideration, gluten and corn products, sugar, and fructose were eliminated one at a time. Corn sugar and high fructose were the cause of my fatigue and sometimes heart palpitations. Cane sugar and gluten were not a problem.

—Tom Jenison

“A Life in Words”

Dear Sylvia,

How beautiful this is…what a grand testimonial to your love of your life….and what wonderful memories you must have…Thank you for sharing!

—Chiquita

Dear Chiquita,

Thanks so much for your lovely comment. Love to you and your family.

—Sylvia

“The Perfect Wine for Your Clambake”

Great idea! Who distributes your wines?

—Lin Patty

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your comment. We passed your question on to Cassandra Earle, marketing director for Newport Vineyards, who responded, “MS Walker is our distributor and we distribute in R.I. and Mass.”