Thanks to Rhode Island voters’ approval of a $65 million higher education bond and $10 million in private donations, URI is now opening a cutting-edge pharmacy facility that will allow us to capitalize on our growing reputation as a leader in pharmaceutical research and development, training and education, delivery system cost analyses, drug discovery, and clinical drug studies. The building project put 380 Rhode Islanders to work in architecture, engineering, and construction jobs. As a leading program at the state’s flagship university, the College of Pharmacy is proud to be a critical part of the knowledge-based economic future of the Ocean State. We may be the smallest state, but together, we accomplish very big things.
• Training 50% more pharmacy graduates to fill critical Rhode Island needs
• Attracting leading pharmaceutical faculty to URI and start-up biotech companies to Rhode Island
• Establishing innovative partnerships with leading biomedical companies
• Securing more research funding to reinvest into Rhode Island’s economy
• Offering the best possible training with sophisticated labs and equipment
• Leading the development of tools and solutions to lower health care costs
• Creating programs to address new roles in primary health care delivery