Miklitsch to Represent A-10 on NCAA Board

Miklitsch

Rower Abbey Miklitsch ’16 was selected in June to represent the Atlantic 10 on the NCAA Division I Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC). It’s the next step for Miklitsch, who is fresh off a junior year in which she won her boat’s flight at the Atlantic 10 Championships, served on an A-10 subcommittee and represented URI athletics at the conference joint meetings in January.

“Being appointed to this position has been the most humbling experience for me, as this was not the college experience I imagined I would have. It’s so much better than that,” Miklitsch said.

Her two-year term will begin July 1 and run through June 30, 2017. Miklitsch has been the URI SAAC president and served on the A-10 SAAC in each of the last two years. A Dean’s List student and a member of the Atlantic-10 Commissioner’s Honor Roll, she is a triple major in criminology, psychology and political science, and has a minor in underwater archeology.

“We are so proud that Abbey was chosen by the Atlantic 10 to serve on the NCAA Division I SAAC,” said Rhode Island Athletic Director Thorr Bjorn. “During her time at URI, Abbey has proven to be a leader. I am very confident that she will do a great job representing the University of Rhode Island and the Atlantic 10.”