Platforms Fall 2018

Platforms Fall 2018

At Large Representative

Daniel Baglini

URI is doing very well but a few changes can be addressed:

• Shift the opening time of Butterfield to 30 minutes early, so that Butterfield opens for dinner right when Mainfare closes at the end of lunch thus eliminating the midday dining hall gap.
  • Get the phone chargers in the library fixed
  • Pursue electronic voting in student elections
  • Provide funding for political and religious student groups

Annabel Cimbal

I’m Annabel Cimbal and I am running for Student Senate. I love URI and I want to help make

this the perfect place for every student. My passion is the environment and I’ll fight for

environmental improvements during my time in senate. Each and every one of you has a passion.

You can make a difference and your voice has the right to be heard! So let me help you. Let me

be that voice.

Ryan Menard

Hello my name is Ryan Menard, and I am a Sophomore Computer Science and Criminal Justice

major. I am running for Student Senate, and I would like the opportunity to represent you and

stand up for your rights. If elected, I will pressure the University to build more parking, rework

the student employee pay system, remove the student hourly wage cap, and ensure all University

employees receive holiday pay as mandated by State law.

Nina Padro

Hello URI! I’m Nina Padro and I am a candidate for an At-Large position in Student

Senate. For those who don’t know me, I am an energetic girl who is outgoing and enthusiastic

about education. My main goal to better our university is to give equal funding for your

organizations in order for them to grow to their greatest potential. As your senator I want to be a

voice for every student here at URI.

Jay Rumas

Hello everyone! My name is Jay Rumas, and I am a sophomore majoring in Political Science and History at URI. I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to represent you, and would like to fight for the following policies among others to the best of my ability:

• Ensuring transparent and fair funding for ALL recognized student organizations
  • Getting Election Day off
  • Renovating dorms up to code
  • More options for public transportation

Thank you!

On Campus Representative

Thomas McGrath

My name is Thomas McGrath, I’m a sophomore Political Science major, and I am running for on-campus student representative. One of my goals is to be a voice for all on-campus students without bias for or against any individual or organization. Some of my priorities as a senator will be improving residence halls and communicating with student groups. As a student senator, I will do everything I can to improve URI.

Off Campus

Neelam Ahmed

Hey there Rhody Rams! I am a freshman here at URI with a double major in Biology and Spanish. I’m currently a commuter student. As a native Rhode Islander, I’m literally “Rhode Island born, Rhode Island bred”, and I’ll most likely die “Rhode Island dead”! As a part of Student Senate, I would prioritize the needs of students, and any problem can be solved. I would really appreciate your vote! Have a great school year!

Freshman Representatives

Mitchell Asante

Hello everyone,

My name is Mitchell Asante and I am a Political Science major. I am from Vineland, New Jersey and a current resident of Fayerweather Hall. I am seeking your support to represent you all as a Freshman Representative. I have previous experience on Student Government from high school where I served as President and Vice-President. As a Senator, I will make sure to be a voice for everyone. Hope you vote for me!

Sachi Bhat

I’m Sachitha Bhat, an international student who has spent twelve years in India and the past five in the Philippines.

I have served in leadership positions for Blue Hawks, National Honors Society, Photography Club, Badminton Club, and I was an active member of student council and global issues network. I have the proper experience to be your freshmen representative for this year, and I look forward to a productive and fruitful academic year.

Andrew Czazasty

I’m running to improve communication between elected officials and students. The only way we can work together to create change is if we’re transparent. That’s why I aim to make club finances public record that is published on their website, improve the way the Senate discusses meeting information with constituents, and really make it a habit to personally meet with students to discuss their needs. Visit my campaign website, andrewforsenate.nationbuilder.com, for more information.

Tavio George

My name is Tavio George and I am running for a freshman seat in the Student Senate. I’m a freshman, double majoring in political science and public relations. On campus I am involved with the Sailing club, URI Democrats, and the Outing club. As your representative I will be a reliable and fierce advocate for you. I will make sure each of your voices are heard and concerns or opinions are addressed. Vote for me!