Info for All Summer Housing Applicants
- Online applications for Summer Housing are available as of February 24, 2014 at housing.uri.edu. Click on the MY HOUSING link at the top of the webpage’s right hand menu to select the appropriate application for your summer housing needs.
- You must have a valid URI Student ID# to submit a housing application. If you are not enrolled as a student at URI you will not have a URI ID# that will be recognized by our system. Applicants who do not have a URI Student ID# are considered Affiliates and must contact the Summer Housing Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No deposit is required to apply for Summer Housing. Summer Session 1 room assignments will be posted on your MY HOUSING page by May 7th. Affiliates, if they are able to be accommodated, will have their room assignments emailed to them by May 14th. Student rooms are assigned on a first come first serve basis as space is available. Affiliates are assigned after all students are accommodated.
- Students needing Interim Week and/or Summer Session 1 accommodations must submit their application by April 30, 2014. Housing cannot be guaranteed for Summer Session 1 students if applications are received after this date.
- It is the Department of Housing and Residential Life’s (HRL’s) prerogative to assign residents to their respective buildings and rooms to achieve the highest and best use of available space.
- Contact the Summer Housing Office at 401-874-2376 or email us at email@example.com for further information. Our office is located on the ground floor of Adams Hall in the HRL Customer Service Center. The entrance to our office is located on the west side in the lower level of the building.
Undergraduate Summer School Students
Housing is available on the Kingston campus for students enrolled in URI’s Summer School. Summer School Students are eligible to live on campus only for the period of time they are enrolled in summer classes.
Wiley Hall Apartments, Flagg Rd.
Summer School accommodations are in the apartments in Wiley Hall. Wiley suites will not be available to summer school students. Wiley is a facility with 4 and 5 bedroom apartments. These apartments are fully furnished and room assignments are single occupancy unless otherwise specified. Apartments have full kitchens (including microwaves) and private bathrooms. Each bedroom is equipped with wired and wireless internet connections as well as cable TV connections. The University no longer offers a telephone system to residents’ rooms. Kitchens are not supplied beyond appliances. All beds in Wiley Apartments are Extra Long FULL. Queen sheets are recommended for these beds. All Summer School Students must vacate their apartments in Wiley Hall by the end of Summer Session 2.
$1,025 per room per 5 week summer session.
5.18.14 – 6.21.14 (Summer Session 1 only – $1025)
5.18.14 – 7.26.14 (Summer Session 1 & 2 – $2050)
6.22.14 – 7.26.14 (Summer Session 2 only – $1025)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Interim Housing (5.12.14 – 5.18.14), is available for spring semester residents who require housing between the end of the academic year and the beginning of Summer Session 1. The charge for Interim Housing is an additional $175.
Undergraduate URI Summer Student Employees & Interns
Housing is available on the Kingston campus for students who are employed by the university during the summer months, or are participating in internship experiences in the area. URI Summer Student Employees and URI Summer Interns are eligible to live on campus from the close of the spring semester through Transfer Day, Sunday, August 17, 2014.
University Gateway Apartments, Upper College Rd.
URI Summer Student Employees and URI Summer Interns are housed in the University Gateway Apartments located at the intersection of Upper College Rd. and RI Route 138. Gateway Apartments offer 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments that are fully furnished. Room assignments are double occupancy with the exception of a hand full of single rooms in the complex. Single rooms will be assigned randomly and cannot be requested. Gateway Apartments have one private bathroom in each, and each bedroom is equipped with wired and wireless internet connections, as well as cable TV connections. The University no longer offers a telephone system to residents’ rooms. Apartments have full kitchens in them that are not supplied beyond appliances, but do include microwave ovens. All beds are Extra Long TWIN. All Gateway Apartment must be vacated by Transfer Day, Sunday, August 17, 2014. Student employees will be allowed to move directly into their academic year housing assignments in the residence halls on Transfer Day.
$850 per room per 5 week summer session. (There are NO tuition waivers associated with being a
summer student employee. Students must contact Enrollment Services for information on financial
5.12.14 – 8.17.14
IMPORTANT NOTES: Students who will not be living in the residence halls for the 2014 fall semester must make alternate housing arrangements between August 17th and the start of the school year. These students should consider finding alternative housing for the summer which can accommodate them through their fall housing move in date. Questions pertaining to room availability in fraternities and sororities during the summer should be directed to Fraternity Manager’s Association at 401-874-2557. The Commuter Housing Office can also assist with finding summer housing accommodations in the area. They can be reached at 401-874-2828.
Graduate Students, Visiting Scholars, Workshop Participants & Research Associates
NOTE: The Rainbow Diversity House is no longer available for use
As of the summer of 2014, Affiliates can only be accommodated on a space available basis after all summer school students are assigned. Contact the Summer Housing Office staff directly to inquire if any rooms are available by calling 401.874.2376 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details are provided in the SUMMER HOUSING INFORMATION PAGE