- Online applications for Summer Housing are available as of February 22, 2016 at housing.uri.edu. Click on the MY HOUSING link at the top of the webpage’s right hand menu to select the appropriate application for your summer housing needs.
- You must have a valid URI Student ID# to submit a housing application. If you are not enrolled as a student at URI you will not have a URI ID# that will be recognized by our system. Applicants who do not have a URI Student ID# are considered Affiliates and must contact the Summer Housing Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No deposit is required to apply for Summer Housing. Summer Session 1 room assignments will be posted on your MY HOUSING page by May 6th. Affiliates, if they are able to be accommodated, will have their room assignments emailed to them by May 13th. Student rooms are assigned on a first come first serve basis as space is available. Affiliates are assigned after all students are accommodated.
- Students needing Interim Week and/or Summer Session 1 accommodations must submit their application by April 29, 2016. Housing cannot be guaranteed for Summer Session 1 students if applications are received after this date.
- It is the Department of Housing and Residential Life’s (HRL’s) prerogative to assign residents to their respective buildings and rooms to achieve the highest and best use of available space.
- Please direct any Summer Housing questions to 401.874.2376 or email@example.com. Feel free to also contact a Housing and Residential Life Customer Service Representative at 401.874.4151. Alternatively, residents may visit the HRL Customer Service Center in person. The HRL Customer Service Center is located on the lower level of Adams Hall (main entrance on the west side of Adams Hall). The Center’s hours of operation are Monday – Friday 8:30AM to 4:30PM.
Undergraduate Summer School Students
Housing is available on the Kingston campus for students enrolled in URI’s Summer School. Summer School Students are eligible to live on campus only for the period of time they are enrolled in summer classes.
Garrahy Hall Apartments, Flagg Rd.
Summer School accommodations are in the apartments in Garrahy Hall. Garrahy Hall is a facility with 4 and 5 bedroom apartments. These apartments are fully furnished and room assignments are single occupancy unless otherwise specified. Apartments have full kitchens (including microwaves) and private bathrooms. Each bedroom is equipped with wired and wireless internet connections as well as cable TV connections. The University no longer offers a telephone system to residents’ rooms. Kitchens are not supplied beyond appliances. All beds in Garrahy Apartments are Extra Long FULL. Queen sheets are recommended for these beds. All Summer School Students must vacate their apartments in Garrahy Hall by the end of Summer Session 2.
$1,100 per room per 5 week summer session.
5.17.15 – 6.20.15 (Summer Session 1 only – $1050)
5.17.15 – 7.25.15 (Summer Session 1 & 2 – $2200)
6.21.15 – 7.25.15 (Summer Session 2 only – $1100)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Information pertaining to Summer Student Employee and Intern Housing is available at housing.uri.edu.