If this is your first time registering for a course at the University of Rhode Island, welcome! You are five easy steps away from taking advantage of the reduced tuition rates of URI Summer:
- Download and complete the Non-Degree Application Form. Submit your completed form to URI Enrollment Services by following the instructions listed on the second page of the form.
- Within 3 business days of the submission of your application form, you will receive your URI Student ID# from a representative of the University. You will need this to register for eCampus, URI’s online module that allows students to organize all the many academic facets of student life (course registration, tuition payments, keeping track of final grades, etc). To create your e-Campus account, visit http://web.uri.edu/ecampus/ and click on the “First Time Users Register Here” link on the left-hand side of your screen. You will create a username and password.
- Use the “Class Search” function on your e-Campus homepage to find URI Summer classes that are perfect for you. You will be able to register for any Summer Sessions course marked with a green circle. A tutorial for the “Class Search” function can be found here: http://www.uri.edu/es/tutorials/UsingClassSearch.html
- Setup your my.uri.edu email account. To access your my.uri.edu email account, visit http://www.uri.edu/news/myuri/ after completing your e-Campus registration and click on the “LOG IN TO MY.URI.EDU” button. The username you select for e-Campus will also serve as your URI email User ID. Your initial email password will be your birth date (2 numerical digits for month, 2 numerical digits for day and 4 numerical digits for year — with no spaces or punctuation in between). It is recommended that you change this password after your initial login. URI Enrollment Services will use your my.uri.edu email to notify you when your bill has been generated on e-Campus. Your professor will use this email address to alert you of important class information and URI administrators will use it for URI Summer notifications.
- Make sure your full-time university or college will accept the credits you earn through URI. Your school will have some sort of “transfer credit form” that you will need to complete and submit. Many schools require proof of equivalency before accepting credits from another university. This often times requires a URI course description. You can search all official URI Course Descriptions here: http://web.uri.edu/catalog/course-descriptions/
Having trouble registering for a URI Summer Sessions course? You can access an FAQ for eCampus, URI email and Sakai (another online system often used by URI faculty during summer courses) here: web.uri.edu/ecampus/files/userid_and_password_document_october_18_2004.pdf or contact John Olerio at 401-874-2540 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are a continuing student (you were registered for at least one URI course in the Spring 2015 semester) log on to e-Campus, choose your course(s) and follow the instructions to complete your registration.
Summer 2015 tuition and fees will be re-assessed according to the following schedule:
|2016 URI Summer Drop Schedule||SS1||SS2||SS3|
|Last day to add courses:||May 27||July 1||May 27|
|Last day to drop (100% fee adjust):||May 23-May 24||June 27-June 28||May 23-May 26|
|Last day to drop (70% fee adjust):||May 25-May 29||June 29-July 3||May 27-May 30|
|*Last day to drop (50% fee adjust):||May 30-May 31||July 4-July 6||May 31-June 3|
|Final deadline to drop:||June 3||July 8||June 10|
*Course fees will not be re-assessed after this date.
For all other Alternate Session courses, you may make changes Online up to, but not including, the first day of class. After an Alternate Session class has begun, all changes require permission of the instructor.
Directed Studies and Thesis/Dissertation
URI Summer Sessions is an ideal opportunity for students to complete independent work under the supervision of URI faculty or staff. If you are interested in completing a directed study for URI credit this summer, please adhere to the following instructions. Before you begin, be sure your URI Enrollment Services record does not have any holds against it. You will not be able to register for a directed study through URI Summer Sessions until all such holds have been removed.
Download and complete the URI Summer Sessions Directed Study Form. You will be responsible for completing section 1 of this form. Once you have completed section 1, please submit it to the instructor you will be working with this summer. You must have a URI faculty or staff member agree to oversee your directed study. Note: it is your responsibility to ensure your instructor has received this form. Always be sure to confirm with the instructor the receipt of the completed form. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email email@example.com.
Once your form has been processed, you will be notified via e-mail by a URI Summer Sessions administrator that your directed study has been added to e-Campus and your e-Campus account will reflect your enrollment in the directed study.
Dropping a Directed Study
If you have registered on e-Campus for a directed study and are no longer able to complete the independent work, you must drop through e-Campus. Please note that the reimbursement you receive will follow the schedule for the summer session in which your directed study was registered. If you need to perform a drop outside of the drop period for the session, you will need to complete this form and submit it to URI Enrollment Services as part of a petition to drop. Please note that URI Enrollment Services reserves the right to deny such petitions.
Faculty and Staff Resources
If you think you might need guidance in using the e-Campus registration system, please call or visit the locations listed:
- Office of Enrollment Services, Green Hall (Room 203)
- 8:30AM-4:00PM, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- 9:30AM-4:00PM, Wednesday
- 401-874-4357 (HELP)
- University College (Roosevelt Hall) 401- 874-2993
- Office of Enrollment Services, Providence Campus (Room 205)
- 8:30AM-4:30PM, Monday-Thursday
- 4:30PM-7:00PM Monday-Thursday (Room 125)
- 8:30AM-4:00PM, Friday
- 401-277-5090 (Shepard Building, Providence)