If this is your first time registering for a course at the University of Rhode Island, please complete the following steps:
- Fill out the Non-Degree Application Form in its entirety
- Submit the application via the specified address on the form
- Within 3 business days of the University receiving your application form, you will be able to access the e-campus registration system.
- Go to the E-Campus registration system, click on the “first-time user” link, and follow instructions.
If you are a continuing student (you were registered for at least one URI course in the Spring 2014 semester) log on to e-Campus, choose your course(s) and follow the instructions to complete your registration.
Summer 2014 tuition and fees will be re-assessed according to the following schedule:
|Last date to add courses:||SS1May 23||SS2June 27||SS3May 23|
|Last day to drop (100% fee adjust):||May 19||June 23||May 21|
|Last day to drop (70% fee adjust):||May 24||June 28||May 25|
|*Last day to drop (50% fee adjust):||May 26||July 1||May 29|
|Final deadline to drop:||May 29||July 3||June 5|
*Course fees will not be re-assessed after this date.
For all other Alternate Session courses, you may make changes Online up to, but not including, the first day of class. After an Alternate Session class has begun, all changes require permission of the instructor.
Directed Studies and Thesis/Dissertation
Independent Study courses (such as Directed Readings, Special Problems, Thesis and Dissertation Research) under the guidance of a faculty member are offered during the summer sessions as needed. Students whose program of study requires enrollment in directed studies courses must make prior arrangements with the directing professor.
Application forms for directed studies are available at both Kingston and Providence campuses.
Note: Because all directed studies courses in the summer involve individual arrangements, registration should be completed as soon as possible. No directed studies registrations will be accepted after the ADD period.
If you think you might need guidance in using the e-Campus registration system, please call or visit the locations listed:
- Office of Enrollment Services, Green Hall (Room 203)
- 8:30AM-4:00PM, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- 9:30AM-4:00PM, Wednesday
- 401-874-4357 (HELP)
- University College (Roosevelt Hall) 401- 874-2993
- Office of Enrollment Services, Providence Campus (Room 205)
- 8:30AM-4:30PM, Monday-Thursday
- 4:30PM-7:00PM Monday-Thursday (Room 125)
- 8:30AM-4:00PM, Friday
- 401-277-5090 (Shepard Building, Providence)