The abstract submissions will open in late June and the deadline to submit abstracts is Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 4:30 PM.
Cutting and pasting from Microsoft Word or other word processing programs is allowed and the system will accept scientific symbols. However, it will not recognize bold, italics, subscript, or superscript text.
The system is not capable of saving your progress so you cannot return to it later and complete or modify the submission.
You should gather the following information prior to submitting the abstract:
- Name, department, institution, and contact information for the person submitting the abstract
- Name, department, institution, and contact information for the Faculty Mentor (if different from the person submitting the abstract)
- Each author’s first name, last name, department, institution, city, and state (include yourself, your mentor and any other co-contributors, if applicable)
- Which SURF Program you are affiliated with (RI-INBRE, RI NSF EPSCoR, Both, Other)
- Scientific Area that best describes your research (Chemistry, Cell Biology, Environmental Sciences, Genetics, Marine Sciences, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or Neuroscience)
- Abstract title
- Abstract text (2,500 character limit including spaces, no tables or figures allowed)