Full-Time Employment Opportunities
When and if there are vacancies for full-time positions with the Talent Development Program, positions will be posted on the University of Rhode Island’s Employment Opportunities page, managed by the Office of Human Resources.
Talent Development 2015 Summer Program
Talent Development is seeking applicants for Tutors for the following academic courses:
Communication Fundamentals / COM 100 2/3 positions
Intro to Gender and Women’s Studies / GWS 150 2 positions
Intro to Literature, Diverse Voices / ENG 110 1 position
- BA/BS strongly preferred; senior status with 90 credits earned required Applicants without a bachelor’s degree must submit a copy of their unofficial transcript with their application.
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience strongly preferred, especially with varied racial and ethnic populations.
- Small group instructional/review sessions based on on-going course work.
- Ongoing assessment of students’ academic performance.
- Ability to incorporate learning strategies into daily course work.
Dates and hours:
- Mandatory tutor training: Saturday, June 6, 9 am – 3:30 pm
- Mandatory Staff Orientation: Friday, June 12, 9 am -3:30 pm
- June 22 through July 23, Sundays through Wednesdays, 6 pm-9 pm.
- $2000 / five weeks; this includes paid staff orientation and meetings
Submit Resume and Cover Letter by April 3, 2015 to:
Sharon Forleo, Associate Director
Talent Development Summer Program Course Tutor Job Description
- Small group instruction/review of specific, syllabus driven content material
- Integration of content specific learning strategies into tutorial sessions
- Integration of self-management techniques reflective of course syllabus into tutorial sessions
- Close monitoring of individual student’s management of course work
- On-going assessment of individual student’s academic performance
- Assessment of individual academic needs, and ability to develop learning plans to address those needs
- Full day of tutor training provided.
- Tutoring is held Sundays through Wednesdays from 6 to 9 PM
- Each tutor has an assigned classroom
- Tutorial groups consist of 5-10 students
- Groups meet from 6 – 7:25 and 7:35 – 9
- Written evaluations of students are only required where consistent problems need to be addressed with the input of core staff
If the applicant pool is insufficient, the deadline will be extended
Talent Development Program
Writing Tutor Positions for Summer 2015
Talent Development is currently seeking qualified applicants for Summer 2015 Writing Tutors
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- College Senior Status (90 Credits earned as of June 2014) with writing tutor training or formal experience.
- Applicants without a bachelor’s degree must submit a copy of their unofficial transcript with their application.
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience required.
- College writing center experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with varied racial and ethnic populations strongly preferred.
- Tutoring support for two sections of Writing 100 based on a writing center model
- One-to-one instruction and small group tutoring based on on-going course work.
Dates and Hours:
- Saturday May 9: Writing Staff Orientation, 9 am – 3 pm
- Friday June 12: Full Staff Orientation, 9 am – 3:30 pm
- Week 1: Monday June 15 – Thursday June 18 / 1 – 5 pm and 6 – 9 pm
- Week 2: Monday June 22 – Tuesday June 23 / 1 – 5 pm
- Weeks 3, 4, 5, and 6: June 28 – July 22; July 7 dinner meeting
Sundays: 6 – 9 pm
Mondays: 2 – 5 pm and 6 – 9 pm
Tuesdays: 2 – 5 pm and 6- 9 pm
Application deadline: April 3, 2015
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Sharon Forleo, Associate Director
If applicant pool is insufficient, deadline will be extended