Log In To Your New Account
- To get to your Google Apps account login page, type the following URL into your browser address field and hit Enter:
You will be on the Google page; the Sign In icon is located in the right upper corner. Click on it to login.
- Enter your e-Campus ID followed by @uri.edu; i.e., email@example.com.
- Enter your email password. If this is your first time on your Google Apps account, the initial password is your birthday in the format mmddyyyy; you will be asked to change it. Then click log in.
When you are finished, be sure to sign out! Go to the upper right corner of the screen. You will see your email address with a drop-box icon. Click on it. The Sign Out button is located at the bottom of the screen that appears:
Enable IMAP for Device Syncing
To use clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird or Apple mail and/or devices such as cell phones and tablets, you must enable IMAP in your account. To do this:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Click POP/IMAP DOWNLOAD.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
Add Google Apps Email Account To The Zimbra Web Client
To see both your Zimbra mailbox and your Google Apps mailbox on your Zimbra Web client, see the instructions.
Set Up Your Desktop Client for Google Apps
We recommend strongly that you process your email
on a Web browser rather than a desktop client!
Browser processing ensures that you experience the full benefits of Google Apps and you have our Help Desk staff to give you full support and assistance with browser-related questions and issues.
If you choose to continue to use a desktop client, the instructions below will get you set up using Thunderbird, Outlook, or Apple Mail.
- Setting Up Thunderbird for IMAP Access to Google Apps
- Setting Up Outlook for IMAP Access to Google Apps
- Setting Up Apple Mail for IMAP Access to Google Apps
Import Your Contacts to Google Apps
To import your Contacts from your current location to Google Apps, see the instructions at Google Contacts.
Manage Your Calendar
Go to the Learning Center page and select Calendar.
Set Up Your Mobile Devices on Google Apps
Go to the Learning Center page and select Mobile Devices.
Update Your URI Online Directory Information
To update your email address in the Directory:
- Sign into your e-Campus account using your e-Campus user ID and password.
- Click on: Self Service -> URI Directory Profile