The University of Rhode Island Transportation Center will host a one-week Engineering Academy for high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors. The curriculum will include instruction in Bridge Design, Water Resources, Environmental Engineering, Systems Engineering and Sustainability.
The session took place July 5-8, 2016 from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Transportation from a central pick-up point in Providence is available. Supervision will be by the program director, program coordinator, interns and industry professionals.
All costs, including meals, field trips and supplies, will be covered by the Rhode Island Department of Transportation educational outreach programs and the Federal Highway Administration.
- Must be a Rhode Island resident
- In 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade for the upcoming school year
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- An interest in business, math, finance, or a transportation related career
- Written essay and transcript or copy of report card
- A brief interview with the program director
For more information, call (401) 874-7075.