Summer Transportation Institute
The Summer Transportation Institute for seventh, eighth and ninth graders exposes students to highway and bridge design, construction and maintenance of roads, transportation of people and cargo, laws, regulations, safety and career opportunities. In addition, students participate in computer training, academic enhancement activities, field trips and student projects.
The session takes place July 11-22, 2016 from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Transportation from a pick-up point in Providence is available.
- Must be a Rhode Island resident
- Entering 7th, 8th, or 9th grade for the upcoming school year
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- An interest in engineering, science, transportation, or a technology related career
- Written essay and transcript or copy of report card
- A brief interview with the program director
For more information call (401) 874-7075.