The University of Rhode Island Transportation Center hosts a one-week summer Business Academy for high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors.Activities include interactive classes, games and exercises, and talks from Rhode Island business leaders. Students get a taste of the various components of managing a company’s supply chain. Supply chain managers are engaged in every facet of the business process, including planning, transportation, storage and distribution, customer service, and quality control.The session will take place from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Transportation from a central pick-up point in Providence is available. Supervision will be by the program director, program coordinator, interns and industry professionals.All costs, including meals, field trips and supplies, will be covered by the Rhode Island Department of TransportationÃs educational outreach programs and the Federal Highway Administration.
- Must be a Rhode Island resident
- In 9th, 10th, or 11th grade for the upcoming school year
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- An interest in business, math, finance, or a transportation related career
- Written essay and transcript or copy of report card
- A brief interview with the program director
For more information, contact Tory Perrotta at (401) 874-7075 or firstname.lastname@example.org