Women’s Center

22 Upper College Road, Kingston, RI 02881


Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Reporting Options

There are a number of mechanisms on campus for reporting a sexual assault. All are described below in detail. The person reporting the assault may select any one or a combination of all options below when reporting. In all cases the survivor of the assault will decide if, how, and when s/he will report the assault. When reported to any of the following – Women’s Center, Counseling Center, Health Services, URI Police, Housing and Residential Life, Student Life, Student Conduct – the person to whom the assault is reported will:
-listen attentively and supportively
-review all support resources available and assist with contacting the resources
-review all possible options for reporting/filing a complaint
-answer questions

It is important to note that if the person who has been assaulted is under the influence of alcohol or drugs at either the time of the incident or at the time s/he makes the report, s/he will not be charged with an alcohol or drug violation either through the criminal or University Conduct Process.

Call 911 or non-emergency number of your local law enforcement agency
URI Police
URI Dean of Students Office/ Student Conduct
URI Housing and Residential Life



Copyright © 2017 University of Rhode Island.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top