GOAL: Learn and apply basic outdoor survival skills.
- Learn the basics of Leave-No-Trace camping.
- Build a fire and a shelter using natural materials.
- Gain basic map and compass skills.
- Learn which items are valuable to take into the forest with you.
- Planning and preparation
- 10 Essentials
- Shelter building
- Fire building
- Define S.T.O.P.
- The rules of three
- Emergency Management
After completing this activity the aim is for students to be able to:
- Explain the importance of planning ahead and preparing for a wilderness trip.
- Define Leave No Trace and why it is important.
- Explain plan of action in case of an emergency.