Academic Programs – Subcommittee Report
The Academic Subcommittee developed proposal guidelines and elicited input from the campus community through the AMRC website. A variety of recommendations for academic restructurings were submitted to the website. The subcommittee used the following criteria to determine if a recommendation merited further study:
- Does the recommendation provide evidence of a specific opportunity or problem?
- Does the recommendation provide evidence of the effectiveness of the solution?
- Is the outcome of the recommendation measurable?
- Is the recommendation consistent with the President’s charge to the AMRC?
- Is the recommendation consistent with the President’s transformational goals and the URI Academic Plan?
- Does the recommendation enhance synergies and/or add value to teaching, research, and/or outreach programs?
- Does the recommendation reduce costs or increase efficiency?
- Does the recommendation fill an unmet need or offer a new opportunity?
If the subcommittee believed the recommended redesign met the above criteria, then an exploratory committee composed of representatives of relevant stakeholder groups was established …
Read the full Academic Programs subcommittee report in the AMRC Final Detail Report and then let us know what you think.
Read the Report of the URI Committee on Reshaping Health Education, Research & Outreach at URI
Please add your comments to this post! Contact information is optional, but by providing this information you give us the ability to follow-up with questions or additional information.