*NOTE: Due to constantly changing browsers and related issues, it is recommended all forms are downloaded and filled out and not completed within the browser window.
RF 1 Form
Chartfield Request Form (CFS)
To close a CFS:
- Please review the CFS in detail to ensure that all adjustments have been made to zero out any activity in all categories (i.e. expense, encumbrances, payroll, revenue, etc.). Please contact Cindy Mace, Associate Controller to ensure that all transactions have been closed.
- After receiving confirmation from Cindy Mace that is CFS is clear, please send an email to the following Budget & Financial Planning staff indicating that you want to close a CFS and the reason why. The person sending the email must be the responsible person on the CFS or copy in the responsible person on the CFS. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Signature Authorization Form
- Download Signature authorization Form (Updated April 2017)
Signature Authorization Form Process Important Notes
Updates to Signature Authorization for existing active Chartfield Strings are done online in the e-Campus Financials system. For complete instructions visit the e-Campus Financials Lab website and view the document “Signature Authorization Workflow Training”
Signature Authorization forms for new Chartfield Strings on all funds except Fund 500* are setup by the Office of Budget & Financial Planning. Signature Authorization forms for new CFS should accompany a Chartfield Request Form and the other required documentation. Once the Signature Authorization is setup in e-Campus Financials, future updates will be done online by the department.
- Fund 401: Request for new Chartfield Strings on Fund 401 must first be approved by the Foundation and then are setup in e-Campus by the Office of Budget & Financial Planning. All 401 CFS paperwork should be sent to the Foundation first, they will then forward to Budget & Financial Planning for setup in e-Campus.
- Fund 900: Request for new Chartfield Strings on Fund 900 must first be approved by the Controller via the Fund 900 approval request form, once approved they are then setup in e-Campus by the Office of Budget & Financial Planning. The Fund 900 request form is located on the Controllers website “Agency Fund 900”
Signature Authorization Forms on Fund 500 & Match CFS (i.e have a Project #)
Chartfield setup & Signature Authorization for all Fund 500 & Match CFS (that have a project # regardless of fund) should be sent to Office of Sponsored Projects in the Research Division.