College of Business

Ballentine Hall, 7 Lippitt Road, Kingston, RI 02881

admitcba@gmail.com401.874.2337

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Jose Perales ’16

Jose Perales
  • Hometown: Providence
  • Major: Accounting
  • Graduation Year: 2016

Why did you choose this degree program?

The main reason I chose the business program is because I believe the program will put me on the right path in terms of success and financial stability. I plan to have my own business in the future and I believe this program will provide me with the foundation of knowledge to help me achieve my goal.

What has been the best part of your studies in the College of Business?

Forming relationships with the faculty members and having access to the resources the College possesses.

What has been the best part of your entire URI experience?

The friendships and bonds I have formed with other students and faculty members. I have had so many positive experiences with people who either work at the University or go to school here. After I graduate, I believe I will continue to speak to the majority of people I have met here.

What do you consider the biggest strengths of your major or program?

As an accounting major, I believe I will always have a job opportunity. Accountants are needed for all businesses, so even though accounting is a competitive major I will always have an opportunity to apply for a job. I will also have firsthand experiences that will help me better understand the real details of  how businesses work. I believe all of this experience will allow me to have my own successful business in the future.

What kind of internships, experiential learning opportunities, or real-life experiences have you had?

This past summer I was an internal firm services intern at PricewaterhouseCoopers, and I will be interning there again this summer. I believe we are each capable of determining the amount of success we have during our college experience. College is truly what you make it. If you work hard and build positive relationships with others you should be successful at whatever you plan to do with your major.

What has surprised you most about URI?

It surprised me to see all the networking opportunities the University of Rhode Island has to offer. There are so many established connections with amazing companies more than willing to work with students to give them the experience they need. The opportunities here are truly endless.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top