College of Business Administration

Ballentine Hall, 7 Lippitt Road, Kingston, RI 02881

admitcba@etal.uri.edu401.874.2337

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Callie Carchedi ’17

Callie Carchedi
  • Hometown: Charlestown, R.I.
  • Major: Marketing

Why did you choose this degree program?

I chose to pursue a business degree at URI because I had heard nothing but excellent reviews about their dual accredited business programs. I have always had the mindset for business, and I felt that marketing would be the best choice for me—balancing numbers and creativity.

What has been the best part of your studies in the College of Business?

The best aspect to studying in the College of Business is the community I have become a part of. I love walking into Ballentine Hall and seeing the familiar faces of my friends, colleagues, and professors. Many of the students and faculty I have met challenge and inspire me every day to work harder and be the best individual I can be.

What has been the best part of your entire URI experience?

The best part of my URI experience so far has been getting involved with various organizations on campus. There are so many different options here that interest me. I have had the opportunity to meet new people and be exposed to different experiences. I have particularly enjoyed working as a student employee in Ballentine, learning from professionals in Women in Business, and participating in NSCS events and activities.

What do you consider the biggest strengths of your major or program?

Every possible career field involves some aspect of business. The skills I have gained throughout my URI academic career are invaluable and applicable to any job that I pursue. The CBA curriculum and career services department are very adept at preparing students for success in their field of study.

What kind of internships, experiential learning opportunities, or real-life experiences have you had?

This year I had the opportunity to be a student mentor for freshmen business students in URI 101. I gained valuable skills by collaborating with my co-mentor and preparing and presenting important material to my students. I really enjoyed helping freshmen acclimate to URI and getting to know the students and other URI 101 mentors. I have also had the opportunity to be involved with the CBA Student-Alumni LINK program, which matches me with a marketing professional to shadow for a day. I am excited about this experience, which I believe will help me focus my career interests and more effectively gauge my internship search.

What has surprised you most about URI?

I came to the University fully aware of how large the student body would be; however, I never expected that my classes would be smaller and more personal. Every faculty member I have encountered in the College of Business has demonstrated intellect, determination, and excellence. They have taken a personal interest in my academic growth and success, and encouraged me to continue to work hard and achieve my goals.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top