College of Business

Ballentine Hall, 7 Lippitt Road, Kingston, RI 02881

admitcba@gmail.com401.874.2337

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Claudia Krah ’17

Claudia Krah
  • Hometown: Hamden, Conn.
  • Major: International Business Program—Supply Chain Management and German

Why did you choose this degree program?

Coming to URI, I knew I wanted to study business. I decided on supply chain management because it is all-encompassing; it includes all steps to make a product or service from raw materials to storage, transportation, and sales. In addition, it encourages ways to maintain efficiency throughout the supply chain that adapt to the changing industries we will encounter when we enter the workforce.

What has been the best part of your studies in the College of Business?

The College of Business has so much to offer, especially the variety of student clubs. I enjoy being involved in the different clubs and organizations at the CBA to get to know my classmates and professors outside of the classroom. The service, informational, leadership, and team-building opportunities in Ballentine are endless.

What has been the best part of your entire URI experience?

The people are so friendly. I have really enjoyed spending time with my classmates and professors; we are lucky to have such resourceful people at the College of Business. Also, the Business Student Advisory Council (BSAC) has been one of my favorite parts of URI. The group includes many students from the CBA from all different majors.

What do you consider the biggest strengths of your major or program?

Career Services is a strong asset the College of Business possesses. Kathleen Jackson, Lynne Finnegan, and their team work hard to make sure students are prepared for anything that we could face outside the classroom. The curriculum also includes built-in classes to prepare students for the workforce.

What kind of internships, experiential learning opportunities, or real-life experiences have you had?

Over the summer, I interned in the Logistics Department of Covidien Surgical Solutions, a medical devices company in North Haven, Conn. I learned a lot about my field but even more about general teamwork and professionalism in the workplace.

What has surprised you most about URI?

The size of URI is what surprised me most. I expected a state school to be large and difficult to maneuver, but I find that URI is the perfect student body size! I have been involved both inside and outside the College of Business, building relationships with other students and professors. I also find the variety of programs and competitive opportunities offered are terrific. Not only am I able to study German and business,  I’m also able to work as a tour guide and be a part of  the Student Alumni Association.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top