A major in general business administration offers you the opportunity to study all phases of a business operation. This major is an excellent option if you are seeking a broad business background or are interested in obtaining a general business background at the undergraduate level before pursuing more specialized graduate work.
A general business administration student takes a broad spectrum of courses and does not concentrate in one special field of study. The student cannot enroll in more than six (6) credits of professional electives in any area of business.
All general business administration majors are strongly encouraged to include in their program of study an internship, a study abroad experience, or a minor in a field outside of the College of Business Administration.
Courses required for the major are:
- BUS 335 Risk Management and Insurance
- BUS 342 Human Resource Management
- BUS 448 International Dimensions of Business
- BUS 460 Global Supply Chain Management
- Four (4) Professional Electives
Download the General Business Curriculum Worksheet (PDF) for your catalog year:
- 2018 General Business Curriculum
- 2016-17/2017-18 General Business Curriculum
- 2015 General Business Curriculum
- 2014 General Business Curriculum
- 2013 General Business Curriculum
Meet the Entrepreneurial Management/General Business Faculty and learn more about their particular areas of specialization and research.
The College of Business offers a general business concentration in the Evening MBA program.
Recent general business graduates have pursued graduate degrees or have accepted positions in sales, customer service, financial analysis, and inventory management.
If you would like to learn more about the general business major at the University of Rhode Island, contact Professor Elizabeth Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.