- Electronic Access
- Light Switches
- Internet Access
- Training Video Clip
- Locking Up Procedures
- Additional Room Details
Location: Washburn Hall, third floor, room 309(map)
TurningPoint Technologies Channel: 62
Reserving this classroom:
Please submit your request for a classroom
Important Notes: Card Activation
This room is equipped with electronic access (a card-swipe lock). The electronic mechanism locks and unlocks with a swipe of an authorized URI ID card.
To unlock the door, swipe the ID card with the magnetic strip inside the sliding mechanism, and your picture facing to the left as shown in the picture at the right. To lock the door, repeat this process.
- A steady green light indicates the door is unlocked.
- A red light indicates the door is locked.
Faculty assigned to teach in classrooms with electronic access should be automatically entered prior to the start of the semester, or 24 hours before a special event. To be safe, be sure to test your card at least 1 business day prior to your first class meeting.
If your card does not work, contact Facilities Services Access Control Office at 874- 4577, or e-mail at email@example.com.
Light switches are located on the wall adjacent to the door.
Each room has at least one active ethernet port for use with the internet.
The port will be marked with a yellow dot.
There should be an ethernet cable in the rack drawer to use with the port.
If you find one is missing, please call Classroom Media Assistance at 874-4278.
If you are unable to get online using the wired port, or if you prefer, all rooms also have wireless internet access.
If you have not used wireless access in the past, please be sure to test out your laptop before class starts.
Some manufacturers have special programs or settings that control wireless, or your machine may have a physical button that needs to be selected.
If you have never used your laptop on the URI network, you will be asked to download and install and electronic policy key. You probably don’t want to do this during class time as it can be time consuming, so connect your laptop in your office first and get this step out of the way.
To authenticate on the URI network:
– Use your URI eCampus username
– With your Sakai/wireless password.
If you don’t remember your password, please call the Help Desk at 401-874-4357.
Digital Media Equipment
Digital Media Rack
Digital Media Switcher
A list of instructions on using the media rack is located inside the drawer of the media rack.
A PDF version of the directions can be downloaded and printed
Connecting a Laptop
1. Connect the VGA or HDMI cable to the laptop.
Monitor Resolutions: Your computer should automatically select the optimum display for use with the projector. If you want to change those settings, CMA recommends:
If there is no image, be sure to check whether video output is active (e.g. Function + F8, or similar command)
Using the BluRay (DVD) Player
To turn the BluRay Player on or off, press the power button located on the bottom edge of the left side of the player. (This button is very small.)
To insert a disk, use the open tray button on the middle bottom edge of the player and use this button to close the disk tray. To eject the disk, use this same buttons.
Except for the on/off button and disk tray open/close, all controls for the BluRay Player are located in the second and third rows of the Switcher at the top of the rack.
To change the volume, use the knob located on the right side of the Switcher.
Training Video Clip
For a tutorial on how to use the equipment, view this five minute clip.
- If the projector does not turn on, please call CMA 874-4278. There may have been a brown-out or power loss and the projector will need to be reset.
- If you do not see an image on the screen, but the system is turned on, make sure the source (DVD, camera, computer) has power and is correctly connected. Some sources will display a black screen when the unit is not giving a signal, some sources will show a blue screen.
- If the Windows computer image is shown on the laptop monitor but not the screen, use the FN + F4/F8 buttons pressed simultaneously and twice very fast. Pressing the keys only once moves the display from the monitor to the projector, pressing twice moves the display to both projector and monitor. Most computers use FN + F4, others FN + F8. Look at the FN keys (F1 -F14) to see which have an icon for a monitor on them.
- If you enter a DM classroom and the projector is on but you will not be using it for your class, please help us conserve energy and lamp life by shutting the projector off by pressing the ‘System Off button’ on the Switcher.
- If the screen is locked in the down position, please call CMA 874-4278.
1. On the Switcher, press the “Power Display OFF” button to turn Off the projector.
2. Remove your media and Power Off the media machine used. Power Off your laptop. Return cables to the floor box and/or media case.
3. Lock up Digital Media Equipment.
4. Turn the classroom Lights OFF. Shut all Exterior Doors.
5. Swipe-lock the main door using your URI ID. The card reader light will blink green when in locked mode.
|Ask students waiting for the next class to remain outside the classroom until their instructor arrives.|
As the Instructor, you are responsible for the room’s security during your class time, so please lock up!
reservation_contact Enrollment Services 874-2817
media_contact Classroom Media Assistance 874-4278
room_width 27 feet 7 inches
room_length 26 feet 10 inches
wall_type paint, sheetrock
window_location right, rear
window_covering shades, opaque, plastic
board_width 16 feet
board_height 3 feet 10.5 inches
writing_area 8928 in^2
board_type dry erase
screen_type manual, 57.5″ x 92″
media_controls digital media rack
lighting_type audience area, exit signs
light_switches near door
seating_type movable chairs, movable tables
controls_location digital media rack
cd_dvd_location digital media rack