Harik, Savannah

Name: Savannah Harik
Where are you from: Providence, RI
MajorGeology
Expected Graduation Date: May 2018

What is your responsibility as a 2017 URI Energy Fellow (i.e. what team are you on/where are you working)?
I am working with Optimal Energy Inc. as part of the consultant team for the Rhode Island Energy Efficiency and Resource Management Council (EERMC). I’m helping to produce a Teaching & Learning curriculum for council members regarding essential energy efficiency topics, as well as helping them with their annual report and three-year plan, retreat(s), a new website, and outreach/education. I’m looking forward to our presentations because I’ll get to share the work I’ve been doing as well as learn in more detail what the other Fellows have been up to. I’m also looking forward to our weekly summer meetings/field trips because I think it’s important to learn from/with my peers. My favorite part of this job is learning how to effectively communicate complex energy topics to a variety of audiences.

In my free time I like to…
I am part of the Geology Club on campus, and I like to get involved with my professors’ research whenever possible. In my free time, I tend my organic plot in a community garden, get involved with civil and environmental projects in my Providence neighborhood, and take dance classes.