To assist the state with its goal of vaccinating more Rhode Islanders against COVID-19, the University of Rhode Island has partnered with the Office of the Governor and Rhode Island Department of Health to host 12 free vaccination clinics in August and September at its Kingston Campus.
The clinics are open to students, faculty, staff and others, such as family members, in their immediate circle. The full schedule is below.
“We are pleased to be offering these clinics to our community members, and hope that anyone who still needs to be vaccinated takes advantage of these opportunities,” said Ellen Reynolds, URI’s assistant vice president for health and wellness and director of Health Services. “As we have said many times since vaccines became widely available, getting vaccinated is a safe and effective way to protect yourself, family members, colleagues and friends from becoming infected with COVID-19. In addition, we want to remind everyone that widespread vaccination among our community is the best way to ensure a comprehensive and dynamic in-person experience for everyone during the upcoming academic year.”
The University reminds students and their families that students must provide proof of vaccination (or request an exemption) before Aug. 16. The University continues to strongly encourage faculty and staff to get vaccinated. URI Health Services has full details on COVID-19 guidelines and policies. Those who have obtained their first shot of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines may get their second dose at the URI clinics.
The URI vaccination clinic schedule
- Wednesday, Aug. 4, Pfizer, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom
- Tuesday, Aug. 10, Johnson & Johnson, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom
- Thursday, Aug. 19, Moderna, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Union, Atrium 1
- Wednesday, Aug. 25, Pfizer, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom
- Tuesday, Aug. 31, Johnson & Johnson, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom
- Wednesday, Sept. 1, Pfizer, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Multicultural Student Services Center, Hardge Forum
- Thursday, Sept. 2, Moderna, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Union, Performance Studio
- Wednesday, Sept. 8, Johnson & Johnson, 9 a.m. to noon, Memorial Union Ballroom
- Thursday, Sept. 16, Moderna, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom
- Wednesday, Sept. 22, Pfizer, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Multicultural Student Services Center, Hardge Forum
- Wednesday, Sept. 29, Johnson & Johnson, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Union, Performance Studio
- Thursday, Sept. 30, Moderna, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom