Congratulations on your admission to URI! We are delighted you have decided to become a part of the URI community.
A deposit is required to secure your place in the upcoming class. To make your deposit, you must be logged into e-Campus. Then, follow the steps below to become our newest Rhody Ram!
- In e-Campus, navigate to URI Student Services > Enrollment Deposit.
- Select the deposit term.
- Select the deposit type and amount.
- Option #1 – Enrollment Deposit Only/No Housing: If you plan to live off campus, the deposit amount is $300.
- Option #2 – Enrollment Deposit With Housing: If you plan to live on campus, the deposit amount is $500. Please note that the required housing application will be available for completion 48 hours after depositing.
- Pay Your Deposit. Payment can be made by electronic debit from a bank account (ACH), or by credit card. Electronic debit from a bank account is free. However, all domestic credit card transactions are assessed a non-refundable service charge of 2.75%. (International credit card transactions are assessed a non-refundable service charge of 4.25%).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please allow 24-48 hours for your deposit to appear on your e-Campus Account Summary. Unsuccessful payments are subject to a $20 returned payment fee.
Although online payment is the preferred method for depositing, Enrollment Services will also accept payment by check. Your check should be made payable to ‘The University of Rhode Island’, and your URI ID number should be written on the memo line of the check. The check and your acceptance confirmation form can be mailed to Enrollment Services in the envelope provided with your admission letter. You should allow several business days for your deposit to reach us by mail. Once received and processed, your deposit will appear on your e-Campus Account Summary. Please note that checks returned by your bank for any reason are subject to a $20 returned payment fee.
Enrollment Deposit Refund Policy
Fall Deposits – Fully refundable through May 1st upon proper withdrawal notification to the Office of Admission. After May 1st, the Fall deposit is not refundable.
Spring Deposits – Not refundable.
To officially withdraw, please send written notification to The Office of Admission, 14 Upper College Road, Kingston, RI 02881.