Classified Recruitment Process
To fill an existing classified position with no changes:
- The requesting department completes the RF-1 (Request to Fill form) for positions on Fund 100 (all or partial) and 20 hours a week or more and forwards for signature authority.
- Once the RF-1 is approved by the appropriate Vice President or Provost, it should be forwarded to Anne Marie Coleman or Hope Parente in HR for final approval. After it is approved by HR, the RF-1 will be given to Jenna Visinho or Karen Healey.
- Human Resources will notify the requesting department once the position is approved for posting. At that time, any further information required for the posting process will be obtained by the department completing the Classified Vacancy Worksheet and forwarding it to Jenna Visinho (874-2317) or Karen Healey (874-5267).
- If an RF-1 is not required, the department should complete the Classified Vacancy Worksheet and contact Jenna Visinho (874-2317) or Karen Healey (874-5267).
- Once the position posting deadline has passed, the department will be contacted by either Jenna Visinho or Karen Healey with the results of the posting and further instructions.
To make any changes to an existing position to be filled:
- A Position Action Form form may be required i.e., change in number of hours worked (part time to full time or vice versa), position status (permanent or limited)(calendar or academic year), etc.
To make a change to the title of an existing position:
- Please contact Diego Jones (874-5269) or Laura Kenerson (874-5271) to ensure that the new title is appropriate prior to completing the Position Action Form (to change the title) and the RF-1 (to fill the position).