Request an Extension of I-20 or J-1 documents

Your I-20 (F-1) and/or DS-2019 (J-1) as well as other immigration documents must be current, at all times, while you are in the US. You are responsible for keeping track of the expiration date of your immigration documents.If you need to extend your I-20 or DS-2019 download the extension request form and submit it to the OISS along with the respective proof of funding (e.g., assistantship, scholarship, own funds, family funds, etc.) for approval.

Think Big We Do

Copyright © 2018 University of Rhode Island.