How to Clear browser Cache
All users will be prompted to clear cache settings upon logging into the updated Sakai for the first time. Learn how to clear your cache before logging in to the new version.
To clear existing cache/cookies:
- Click on the three vertical dots “customize and control chrome” and on the upper right hand corner next the address bar to find the Settings menu.
- Click on ‘More Tools‘ then Clear Browsing History
- Make sure Browsing History, Download History, Cached Images and Files and Cookies and Other Site Data are all selected “from the beginning of time”
- Click on “Clear Browsing Data” to remove all traces of cookies
- Restart Chrome
For more specific instructions see Chrome Support
Clear the cache and cookies on your computer
- On the Firefox toolbar go to “History” select “Clear Recent History”
- Choose time range “Everything”
- Make sure the following are selected
- Browsing & Download History
- Form & Search History
- Active Logins
- Click “Clear Now” and close window, then restart Firefox.
IE -Windows Internet Explorer
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history….
NOTE: You can also access this menu by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
The above procedure for clearing cache and cookies should work for the majority of websites, but certain website and applications such as WiscMail require a more thorough procedure. If you are still having issues, try to steps below.
- Note: The F12 developer tools in Internet Explorer 11 do not include a cache menu. This process will only work for IE10 or lower.
Close out of Internet Options. Click on Tools and select Developer Tools.