Where to Access Training at URI
This page is intended to help URI faculty and staff learn where they can go for assistance in making their web content more accessible. This site will be updated with additional resources as they become available.
Accessibility Workshop/Training Sessions:
- Spring 2018: Accessibility drop-in hours are held from 2-4PM, every first and third Wednesday of each month. Held in Chafee 208 (inside the Chafee 217 suite) and via WebEx by request. Additional ITS training information is posted on the ITS Training Schedule page.
- To set up a separate one-on-one appointment, please contact email@example.com
Sakai Accessibility FAQ (Sakai 11 Help Guide)
- Accessibility Information
- What does it mean to make content accessible?
- What are some guidelines for making content accessible?
- How can I make images more accessible?
- How can I make tables more accessible?
- How can I make videos and audio files more accessible?
- How can I make links accessible?
- How can I make lists of items accessible?
- How can choices in background and text color affect accessibility?
- How can I structure my document to make it more accessible?
- Why should I use paragraph breaks in my document?
- How can I create extended time for tests and quizzes in Sakai for specific students?
Video Captioning and Audio Transcription Services
Captioning and transcription for video and audio content you own and will be using in your course can be done through the ITS department. More information available on the URI ITS Video Captioning & Audio Transcription page.
- URI WordPress Users Forum Website: Workshop information is listed in the upper left section of their page.
Other Groups That Can Help
- Disability Student Services: DSS Website
- Office for the Advancement of Teaching & Learning: Online Learning Resource Website