BS, University of Rhode Island, 1976
MLA, Cornell University, 1979
Professional Background & Research Interests
Professor Simeoni began his academic career in 1980 at Colorado State University in Ft. Collins, Colorado. He has taught at the University of Rhode Island since 1987. Presently he teaches courses in site planning, graphic communication and computer aided design, Plant Identification & Ecology. In addition to teaching, professor Simeoni is a licensed landscape architect in the State pf Rhode Island where he maintains a private practice. The focus of his research interest is in the following three areas:
• Cultural Landscape
• Landscape Ecology
• Service-Learning Design Studios
- Since 1980, professor Simeoni has maintained a private practice, working independently and collaboratively with artists, architecture and engineering firms both in Rhode Island and in Colorado. A selected list of recent works is included below:
- 1999-2000. Soverign Bank Plaza (formerly BankBoston Bank Plaza), Providence, RI. (Provided construction drawing and documents for urban plaza planting.)
- 2000-2001. Griffins Hollow- Commercial/Retail Development, Wakefield, RI.
- 2002-2003. Prout School Tennis Complex, Wakefield, RI.
- 2003-2004. Washington County Veterinary Hospital, Wakefield, RI
- 2005-2006. Consultant to the CRMC Buffer Study, under the direction of Professor Richard Sheridan, preliminary designs for coastal residential and community park facilities were developed.