- Department of Ocean Engineering
- Phone: 401.874.6480
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: 110 Sheets Building
Narragansett Bay Campus
15 Receiving Road
Narragansett, RI 02882
- Geology of continental margins with particular emphasis upon the earth formation of the North Atlantic Ocean in the New England region
- Volcanic, tectonic, and hydrothermal processes of the Mid-Ocean Ridge
- Ancient trade routes of the Mediterranean and Black Seas
- Ph.D. Geological Oceanography, 1974, University of Rhode Island
- B.S. Physical Sciences, 1965, University of California, Santa Barbara
2002, Ballard, R.D., Stager, L.E., Master, D., Yoerger, D., Mindell, D., Whitcomb, L.,Singh, H., and Piechota, D., Iron Age Shipwrecks in Deep Water Off Ashkelon, Israel, American Institute of Archaeology. v. 106, no. 2, p.151-168.
2001, R. D. Ballard, Fredrik T. Hiebert , Dwight F. Coleman, Cheryl Ward, Jennifer Smith, Kathryn Willis, Brendan Foley, Katherine Croff, Candace Major, and Francesco Torre, Deepwater Archaeology of the Black Sea: The 2000 Season at Sinop, Turkey, Amer. Jour. Archeo., v. 105, no. 4, p. 607-623.
2001, Coleman, D. and Ballard, R.D., A Highly Concentrated Region of Cold Hydrocarbon Seeps in the Southeastern Mediterranean Sea, Geo-Marine Letters, v. 21, p. 162-167.2001, Ballard, R.D., Maritime Archaecology, Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, edited by John H. Steele, Karl Turekian and Steve A. Thorpe, Academic Press, v. 3, p. 1675-1681.
2001, Ballard, R.D., Maritime Archaecology, Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, edited by John H. Steele, Karl Turekian and Steve A. Thorpe, Academic Press, v. 3, p. 1675-1681.
2001, McNutt, M. and Ballard, R.D., Two Case Studies of Collaboration between Aquariums and Research Institutions in Exploration and Education, Marine Technology Society Journal, v. 35, no. 1, pp. 76-85.
Personal website: http://www.gso.uri.edu/profile/rballard