- Basic Sakai Training Course: A self-paced training course to ensure basic Sakai competency for online and blended teaching. This course is recommended for all faculty and is a prerequisite for our Online Teaching Fellows program.
- Online Pedagogy Competency Course: Each semester, the Office of Online Education sponsors an online competency course for faculty (formerly Online Teaching Fellows – OLTF).
- Accessibility Training: A self-paced training course to ensure an understanding of the basics of accessibility in online course design and Universal Design for Learning principles. This course is recommended for all faculty.
- Teacher as Student: Lessons Learned in an Online Teaching Fellows Program– an article written by Jim Kinnie, Associate Professor Librarian at URI, on his experiences in the Online Fellows Program.
- EdTech Journals – A comprehensive list of all scholarly journals about online teaching and learning.
Stay current with national resources. URI is an institutional member of these organizations. Enrolling in them provides access to listserves, conferences, and professional development.
Quality Matters – URI’s membership in Quality Matters provides access to rubrics and trainings based on best practices in online teaching.
The Online Learning Consortium – individuals, institutions and organizations committed to quality online education.
EDUCAUSE – a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education through the use of information technology.
WCET – WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies accelerates the adoption of technology enhanced teaching and learning.