Liviana Donatelli, ’23

Pre-Medical

Clinical Neuroscience and Psychology Majors, Honors Program

ldonatelli@uri.edu

Activities

URI-INBRE SURF Program Participant. Undergraduate Research Assistant in the Fallini lab. Medical Assistant Volunteer at the Rhode Island Free Clinic. URI 101 Peer Mentor. Previous intern at South County Child and Family Consultants. UTA for PSY 113. Previous Miriam Hospital Volunteer. RISPCA Volunteer. MD Shadowing.

What would you tell your freshman self?

If I were to speak with my freshman self, or any incoming freshman with a passion for healthcare, I would say that understanding why you want to become involved in healthcare and exactly what your passion is–whether it be helping others, understanding disease, etc.–is incredibly meaningful and important. I wish I knew before college that, while it may feel that you are simply checking items off on a ‘pre-health’ to-do list, you must focus on what you are actually interested in and what you care about! You are incredibly capable and with passion and motivation, this journey can definitely be attainable! Just make sure you care for yourself and your needs in the meantime; it’s a long and non-linear road. Even if it seems like nothing else matters, you and your needs are important and meaningful! Work hard, focus on your passions, and take time to care for yourself!