URI Inclusion Workshops for Faculty – URI Inclusion Workshops are designed to assist faculty in creating more inclusive and equitable learning environments (see flyer for details and contact information).
- Introduction to Equity and Inclusion
- Inclusive Course Design
- Inclusive Teaching
- Inclusive Leadership
Inclusive Instruction – https://web.uri.edu/teach/inclusive-instruction/ Whether you teach a class in biology, engineering, writing or sociology, there are changes you can make to your classroom and your approach to teaching that create a more inclusive and welcoming environment for all your students. Contact the Office for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning for professional development opportunities – https://web.uri.edu/teach/
Social Justice and Inclusion Microcredential –https://web.uri.edu/diversity/training/social-justice-and-inclusion-microcredential/
The Social Justice and Inclusion (SJ&I) Microcredential offers anti-oppression educational development workshop modules for University faculty, staff, and affiliates.
- Advancing Anti-oppression
- Understanding Social Identity, Power and Privilege
- Disrupting Implicit Bias
- Combating Microaggressions with Inclusive Language
Engaged Departments –
The Office of Community Equity and Diversity works closely with engaged departments on a short-, mid-, or long-term basis to
- define an area that requires a diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, or decolonization change intervention in their department, and
- develop, implement, and evaluate a change intervention aligned with the University, Community Equity and Diversity and departmental DEISJD strategic goals.
Examples of interventions include staff training and development; policy analysis and review; strategic planning; process improvement; strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analyses; and self-studies.