Executive Board

President: Jenna Taormina

My name is Jenna Taormina and I’m a senior Chemical Engineering and Italian IEP student! I’ve been a member of SWE since my freshman year and previously served as the Outreach Chair. I’m excited for this upcoming year as President and I hope to make positive and lasting impacts within our club! In a major with mostly guys, joining SWE and meeting a bunch of awesome girls in engineering was the best thing I did. Outside of SWE, I love to bake and play intramural sports with my friends. I’m also an engineering peer mentor here on campus and on the alpine ski and snowboard team!

Vice President: Jessica McLaughlin

Hello world! My name is Jessica McLaughlin and I’m a junior studying Ocean Engineering. I joined SWE as a freshman and got super involved these past 2 years! Last year I served as the Engineering Representative, the Social Chair, and I was a member of the Outreach Committee. Through SWE I was able to meet more girls in my major, find friends, learn about a ton of different professional opportunities, and get advice from some of our older members on different classes or about life. I love to volunteer so you will see me at the Girl Scouts events, outreach events, Welcome Days, and WIED, even if it’s all virtual. When I’m not at SWE, I’ll be at the beach or studying. On-campus I’m also an RA in Tucker Hall and an engineering mentor.

Treasurer: Kaitlin Neville

Hi! My name is Kaitlin Neville and I am a senior studying industrial systems engineering. I have been a member of SWE since I was a freshman. I was the treasurer last year and I am so excited to continue my role again this year! Being a member of SWE has provided me with a huge support system and given me incredible opportunities to advance my future as an engineer. I thoroughly believe in the mission of SWE and love that our club has inspired women to pursue careers in STEM. When I am not doing activities for SWE or studying for school I enjoy doing yoga, running, and hanging out with friends!

Outreach: Rebecca Meyers

Hi! My name’s Rebecca Meyers and I am a 5th year Ocean Engineering and German IEP student. I’ve been a member of SWE since my sophomore year and was president my Junior year. This year I’m the Outreach Chair which focuses on inspiring young girls to be interested in engineering and other STEM related fields. I’m so excited to have this position because engineering is something I wish i would have been exposed to more when I was younger. I’ve met some of my best friends from joining SWE and SWE has provided me with such a strong support group. I love reading, going on runs, and hanging out on the beach. I also came back from Germany this past year so feel free to ask me anything IEP related!

Secretary: JoJo Speredelozzi

Hi! My name is Joellyn (JoJo) Speredelozzi, and I am a junior studying Biomedical Engineering, Biology, and Italian through the IEP. I joined SWE my freshman year, and started to get really involved my sophomore year. Last year I was on the outreach committee, and this year I am the club secretary. As secretary, I keep the email list updated, and send out reminders before events. I also write meeting minutes so that everyone can stay up to date on what the club is doing. By joining SWE, I’ve been able to meet new people that share my interests, as well as volunteering to help other girls learn about STEM. On campus, I am on the house council for the IEP Living and Learning Community, and I work for the URI IT Service Desk. 

Social Chair: Julia Karlberg

Hi! My name is Julia Karlberg and I am a sophomore Mechanical Engineering and Spanish IEP student. I knew I wanted to be a part of SWE since the beginning of Freshman year and it has only exceeded my expectations. I am the social chair so I am going to come up with fun activities for us to do together that still comply with the restrictions of covid. Aside from SWE, I love to do anything active like playing soccer, running or skiing in the winter. I can’t wait to get to know you all better and feel free to reach out if you have any ideas of social events that you want to be held!

Communication: Alexandra Barbato

Hi everyone! My name is Alexandra Barbato and I am a sophomore chemical engineering student. I have been a member of SWE since my freshman year, and held the historian position during that time. As the communications chair I am in charge of all social media in hopes of keeping everyone informed and up to date on all things SWE. Being a member of SWE has provided me an instant support system along with numerous skills that I will be able to take with me into the professional world. Outside of SWE I enjoy hanging out with friends, playing with makeup and running.

Engineering Representative: Kayla O’Connor

Hey! My name is Kayla O’Connor.  I am a 5th year chemical engineering and German IEP student. I’ve been in SWE since my freshman year, but this is my first year holding a leadership position. This year I will be the engineering representative so I will be communicating with other engineering organizations on campus. I love to dance, I am also a teacher for a dance club on campus. I love that this organization does so much for the next generation, empowering more women to enter a stem related field.

Historian: Ellie Sullivan

Hello! My name is Ellie Sullivan and I am a junior Industrial and Systems Engineering student. I joined SWE my freshmen year and this is my first time being on the executive board. In my role as the historian I am in charge of updating and editing the SWE website. I have found SWE to be a great way to meet people with similar interests and a great place to gain information about a career in engineering. In my free time I enjoy going on hikes, watching movies, and having campfires with friends. 

Think Big We Do