- Weather permitting, monitor on the same day each week between 10 AM and 2 PM on lakes and ponds.
- For rivers, streams, and coastal ponds, monitor every other week between 6 AM and 9 AM, weather permitting.
- On Water Collection Days: lakes & ponds – collect samples between 10 AM and 2 PM, earlier is better; rivers, streams and coastal ponds – water collection is associated with low tide so please see the list below for collection times. After collection immediately bring the water samples and any accumulated chlorophyll filters in a cooler with ice to the URI Watershed Watch labs in the Room 002, Coastal Institute in Kingston, URI.
- The URI Watershed Watch phone number is 874-2905. CALL IN ADVANCE IF YOU MUST RESCHEDULE DELIVERY OF YOUR WATER SAMPLES. Before the scheduled collection period is better than after!
- On the dates noted, also bring in the specified kit for quality control (QC) testing. REMEMBER TO MAIL IN YOUR MONITORING POSTCARD AFTER EACH MONITORING SESSION.
- Have a great and SAFE monitoring season!
- Returning Volunteer Refresher Training. These sessions include demonstrations of monitoring procedures and tips for ensuring that data and samples are submitted according to the URIWW quality assurance project plans and our State certification (date and time to be determined).
- Equipment will be available for pick-up the first week of May (5/1 – 5/5) contact us to make arrangements for picking up (the building is often open into the evening…)
- If you can’t make it equipment pickup (but have a partner partner who will), please consider printing and completing the annual volunteer waiver and sending it in either when equipment is being picked up or via mail. Click here for the waiver.
2018 Monitoring Schedules - NEW!!
Click on the schedule to print from a pdf
- 2018 Block Island
- 2018 Blue Water Task Force (RI Surfriders)
- 2017 Bristol Harbor – 2018 coming soon!
- 2017 Clean Up Sound and Harbors (CUSH) – 2018 coming soon!
- 2017 Greenwich Bay – 2018 coming soon
- 2018 Lakes, ponds and reservoirs
- 2017 Napatree Point – 2018 coming soon
- 2018 Rivers and streams (includes Narrow River, Wickford Harbor)
- 2018 Salt Ponds Coalition (Salt Ponds Watchers)
- 2017 Save the Bay South Coastkeeper – 2018 coming soon
Paddling with mom
FIELD DATA SHEETS are available as pdfs to allow for easy printing – just click on the sheet you need to print it.
- Rivers data sheet (including Narrow River, WPWA and GB tributary streams)
- Lake, reservoir & pond site data sheet
- Salt water deep sites (Salt Pond Watchers, South County Coastkeeper, etc.)
- Salt water shallow sites (Salt Pond Watchers, Save Bristol Harbor, CUSH, etc.)
- Buckeye Brook Winter monitoring