whispering pines conference center

401 Victory Highway, West Greenwich, RI 02817 | (GPS 27 Loutitt Lane West Greenwich, RI 02817)

W. Alton Jones Campus | wpines@etal.uri.edu401-874-8100

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

The Reviews are in!

Just some of the wonderful reviews we received in 2015

Thank you to all of our clients, who made 2015 a wonderful year for us. We look forward to an even more amazing 2016!

To any future bride out there- you will make many mistakes planning your wedding. If you do not choose whispering pines for your wedding day, that will be your biggest mistake of all. Sincerely, bride who received thank you cards from guests for allowing them to go to such a phenomenal place and had the time of their lives

-Colleen Randall Buffery

The most magical weekend of my life! My husband and I could not ask for more. Everyone was so helpful, every last detail was covered. The food is out of this world!

-Alex G.

What can we say Erin, George, and Bill – everything was PERFECT! What an amazing team at the Whispering Pines Conference Center. We cannot thank you all enough. From the first moment of planning until the clean up on Sunday, every staff person was attentive, insightful and courteous.

You listened with care to the bride, groom and parents. You understood our shared vision and delivered the weekend impeccably. And that isn’t easy with a demanding Jewish mother, a southern dad with slow to warm preferences, and busy high powered professional bride and groom with demanding jobs in New York City!

Here are just some of the things we appreciated about our experience with you: all our questions were answered in a timely fashion (even tiny details like how tall is the awning on the deck in case we have to put the chuppa there), the play fields were in excellent condition even after a miserable winter, the star gazing at observatory was inspiring, the food was consistently delicious and presented beautifully (delighting even the hard to please cousins from NYC), rooms throughout the site were clean and inviting, all amenities provided and beautiful views from all of rooms, service was outstanding at every moment and, of course, you even did a great job on the weather.

You all think of every detail and guided us with gentle awareness whenever we were floundering or headed in the wrong direction. You all were flexible and understanding and just fun to work with. Erin, you were amazing at your meticulous attention to detail in planning and George you were a reassuring and helpfully guiding voice even in the most intense moments of the weekend. Bill, loved your humor and inspiration with the food, making every guest feel nurtured and grateful for the experience. Facility was in impeccable condition and everything that was promised was delivered and more – right down to the smore ingredients and fire started just as promised – even after a rainy day preceding the wedding.

You all are amazing. Thank you from the bottom of this mother of the bride’s heart.

-Ruth Ettenberg Freeman

Whispering Pines is clearly a Rhode Island gem! The grounds create an atmosphere of calm and serenity. I’ve had the opportunity to go there multiple times for different events and the food is exquisite EVERY time!

-Deb Belanger

Went there for my sister inlaws wedding. Beautiful place. The staff was awesome and the rooms were clean and comfortable. And free coffee stations were a plus.

-Bill Gillis

My husband and I got married at Whispering Pines this past May. We could not have asked for a better experience. Planning was made easy, even though we live out of state. Every single detail was perfect. Every staff member that I met or talked with went above and beyond to make our big day perfect. Our guests raved about the wedding; the atmosphere, the unique woodsy experience, and especially the food. I highly recommend this venue!!!

-Anonymous on 9/24/2015

One of the best places to have a wedding. The rooms are very nice and the breakfast had plenty to choose from.

-Joseph Audet

We were fortunate enough to find this place and we immediate chose it as our wedding venue. I have since been told that we had the best wedding ever. It was definitely because of the amazing staff, relaxed atmosphere and BEAUTIFUL environment that the URI team, Bill, Erin and George (and of course mother nature) have created. If you’re looking for a black tie wedding at a 5 star hotel, this isn’t quite that. However, if you want to have fun, have everything taken care of and relax and enjoy time with your family and friends – Whispering Pines couldn’t be a better spot. The food is FABULOUS (thanks Bill). The arrangements are perfectly organized (thanks George and Erin) and the staff is all super nice and goes the extra mile (we gave them a standing ovation at breakfast on Sunday).

We had an events/field day on Saturday before the wedding and it was soooo much fun. We played kickball, had a hula hoop contest and pingping and pool tournaments FRiday night. It was so much fun to be able to relax and enjoy time with my whole family and most of my friends who were all able to stay on site in the 32 rooms. It was a bit of a squish for my 125 person wedding, but we made it work (not everyone stayed on site). We also did star gazing on Friday night which was AWESOME and I’d highly recommend. The guy that leads it is so knowledge and passionate and the equipment is amazing!!

There is somewhat of a relaxed feel and it’s not super fancy, but as long as you are comfortable with that it’s the PERFECT PLACE TO GET MARRIED.

-Andrea R.

Amazing venue 🙂 my husband Nick and I got married here October 19th 2014 and I can’t tell you how many of our guests told is it was the best wedding they they had ever been too. The staff here are absolutely phenomenal and so accommodating, kind and patient. The fire at the end of the ceremony as well as overnight rooms available for all guests followed by complimentary breakfast in the morning really help this venue to stand out and shine. I can’t say enough about this place – so beautiful and peaceful!

-Abby Elizabeth

Super friendly and great to photograph at. Love everything…even the critters around this nature spot!

-Ling Babcock Messer

We had a wonderful time at Whispering Pines! We booked the venue for the full weekend and had all of our guests stay there for the weekend. In this way it was like a destination wedding but in Rhode island. Erin is fantastic to work with and the food was incredible. You can’t beat the beautiful rustic chic look of the venue!

-Courteney M.

Great place for a Wedding or Party. Beautiful scenery.

-Kim Rossi

I attended my nephews wedding at whispering pines. Everything was perfect..the food the servers the atmosphere! I don’t think I’ve ever been to a more beautiful,enjoyable wedding!

-Janice Murray

Beautiful place for a wedding!! All the people working there are very helpful.

-Mary O’Brien

-Whispering Pines Conference Center

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top