The Institute for the Study of International Aspects of Competition (ISIAC) is a research center founded by Professor Joel B. Dirlam (1915–2005), affiliated with the University of Rhode Island, and concerned with industrial organization and international economics. Through this homepage you can learn about ISIAC’s personnel and working papers or explore links to related sites.
- The executive director is Dr. John P. Burkett.
- The research director is Dr. Meng-jieu Chen.
A working paper or its abstract can be viewed by clicking on its number. A printed copy of a working paper can be purchased by sending a check for the indicated amount payable to the University of Rhode Island to the address given at the left sidebar of this page.
- John P. Burkett, International Trade and Factor Prices in a Model with Nonhomothetic Production Functions, WP95–1, $3.
- John P. Burkett, Cones of Diversification in a Model of International Comparative Advantage, WP95–2, $3.
- John P. Burkett, Bureaucratic Behavior Modeled by Reduced-Rank Regression: The Case of Expenditures from the Soviet State Budget. WP96–1, $3.
- Mohammed Sharif, Inappropriate Technology, Poverty, Population Growth, and Modernization: A Vicious Circle of Environmental Degradation. WP96–2, $3.
- Tomislav Vukina, John C. Beghin, and Ebru G. Solakoglu, Transition to Markets and the Environment: Evidence from CEE Countries. WP96–3, $3.
- John Burkett, Catherine Humblet, and Louis Putterman, Pre-Industrial and Post-War Economic Development: Is There a Link? WP96–4, $3.
- Jaromir Veprek, Main Economic Pitfalls of the Czech Health Care Transformation and Possible Solutions WP97–1, $3.
- Joseph Diamond and Jon D. Edwards, Mergers, Acquisitions, and Market Power in the Electric Power Industry WP97–2, $10.
- William Bassett, John Burkett, and Louis Putterman, A Note on Income Distribution and Government Transfers WP97–3, $3.
- William E. Schrank and Blanca Skoda, The Cost of Marine Fishery Management in Eastern Canada: Newfoundland, 1989/90 to 1997/98 WP99–1, $3.
- Hans Mueller, Consensus and Conflict in the Steel Market WP02-1, $4.
- Trude B. Andersen, Frank Asche, and Kristin Helen Roll, Oligopoly and Oligopsony Power in Concentrated Supply Chains WP08-1, $4.
- Meng-jieu Chen, An Analysis of Incentives for Resource Owners to Form Lobbies WP10-1, $4.
- Meng-jieu Chen, Corruption and Pollution in Two Systems: An Experimental Study WP10-2, $4.
Supplement: experiment instructions and record sheet |WP10-2sup.pdf| |WP10-2sup.docx|.
- Meng-jieu Chen, Rule of Law and Environmental Policy Stringency WP10-3, $4.
- Bret Anderson, Macroeconomic Structure and the (Non-)Vulnerable Employment Intensity of Growth WP15-1, $4.