Congratulations, graduates! The University of Rhode Island is proud of your accomplishments and we are delighted to celebrate your achievement at the 128th Commencement on Saturday and Sunday, May 17 and 18, 2014. Please know that to accommodate the increasing number of graduates and guests, complimentary tickets are required to attend all of the University’s Undergraduate Commencement Exercises, with the exception of the main ceremony that takes place on the Quadrangle. This site provides all information about what to expect during Commencement. It is updated regularly with any new details as they are available.
Graduate Ceremony - Saturday, May 17, 2014
Thomas M. Ryan Center, Kingston Campus
- 12:15 p.m.: Candidates assemble in academic attire in designated areas.
- 1 p.m.: Commencement exercises begin. Ceremony was streamed. Watch archive on URI Live!
Undergraduate Ceremonies - Sunday, May 18, 2014
Including the general, University-wide ceremony on the Quadrangle and each of the College Ceremonies at which students will be called to receive their degrees.
- Noon: Bachelor’s degree candidates assemble in academic attire on Lower College Road in areas that are designated for each college.
- 12:30 p.m.: Commencement exercises begin and run approximately 90 minutes. Watch archive on URI Live! No individual undergraduate degrees are presented during this ceremony on the Quadrangle.
College Ceremonies – Sunday, May 18
- College ceremonies are held before (9 a.m.- College of Continuing Education (CCE), Engineering, Nursing, Human Science and Services) or after (est. @2-3 p.m.- Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Environment and Life Sciences, Pharmacy) the main ceremony at different locations on the Kingston Campus and where tickets are required. It is at the individual college ceremonies where families and friends are able to see the important moment – when their student crosses the stage to receive their degree. Children two years of age and older must have a ticket and be seated at the College Ceremony.