Congratulations in advance to all of our graduates. The University of Rhode Island proudly celebrates its 129th Commencement on Saturday and Sunday, May 16 and 17, 2015. Please know that to accommodate all graduates and guests, complimentary tickets are required to attend all of the University’s Undergraduate Commencement Exercises, with the exception of the main ceremony that takes place on the Quadrangle.
This site provides information about what to expect during Commencement for our students and guests. It is updated regularly with any new details as they are available.
Graduate Ceremony – Saturday, May 16, 2015
Thomas M. Ryan Center, Kingston Campus
- 12:15 p.m.: Candidates assemble in academic attire in designated areas.
- 1 p.m.: Commencement exercises begin. Ceremony is streamed. Watch archive on URI Live!
Undergraduate Ceremonies – Sunday, May 17, 2015
Including the general, University-wide ceremony on the Quadrangle and each of the College Ceremonies at which students will be called to receive their degrees.
- Noon: Bachelor’s degree candidates assemble in academic attire on Lower College Road in areas that are designated for each college.
- 12:30 p.m.: Commencement exercises begin and run approximately 90 minutes. Watch archive on URI Live! No individual undergraduate degrees are presented during this ceremony on the Quadrangle.
College Ceremonies – Sunday, May 17
- College ceremonies may be held before (9 a.m.) or after (est. 2-3 p.m.) the main ceremony at different locations on the Kingston Campus; tickets are required. At the individual college ceremonies, families and friends will see their student cross the stage to receive their degree. Children two years of age and older must have a ticket and must be seated at the college ceremonies.