Congratulations in advance to all of our potential graduates. The University of Rhode Island will be proud to celebrate your academic accomplishments at the 130th Commencement on Saturday and Sunday, May 21 and 22, 2016. This site provides all information about what to expect at Commencement. It is updated with news and other details as they are available.
Graduate Ceremony – Saturday, May 21, 2016
Thomas M. Ryan Center, Kingston Campus
- 12:15 p.m.: Candidates assemble in academic attire in designated areas.
- 1 p.m.: Commencement exercises begin.
Undergraduate Ceremonies – Sunday, May 22, 2016
Commencement day includes the University-wide ceremony that is held on the Quadrangle and the individual College Ceremonies at which students will be called to receive their degrees.
- Noon: Bachelor’s degree candidates assemble in academic attire on Lower College Road in areas that are designated for each college.
- 12:30 p.m.: Commencement exercises begin and run approximately 90 minutes. Watch archive on URI Live! No individual undergraduate degrees are presented during this ceremony on the Quadrangle.
College Ceremonies – Sunday, May 22
- College ceremonies may be held before (9 a.m.) or after (est. @2-3 p.m.) the main ceremony at different locations on the Kingston Campus and where tickets are required. It is at the individual college ceremonies where families and friends are able to see the important moment – when their student crosses the stage to receive their degree. Children two years of age and older must have a ticket and be seated at the College Ceremony.
This brief video above captures some highlights from events throughout the day on Sunday, May 17, 2015. View the complete 90-minute video of the main Commencement ceremony that took place on the Quadrangle.