To ensure a safe event for all participants and to ensure that venues are not filled over legal capacity, the State of Rhode Island Fire Marshal’s Office has required the university to provide tickets for all people attending inside Commencement ceremony venues.
Therefore, complimentary tickets are required for all individual College Ceremonies and will be distributed to graduating students in advance.
Colleges will provide specific directions for picking up tickets. Each student will be provided a limited number of tickets for their family members and guests to attend their College Ceremony and in case of rain, will receive two (2) rain tickets for admittance to the Ryan Center for the University-wide ceremony.
Every person, including children over the age of two, must have a ticket, which they will be required to present at the door to enter the College Commencement Ceremonies. Although tickets are required, guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis at all ceremonies.
These tickets are valid only for the event location and time printed on ticket. They may not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
About the Tickets:
- This ticket is a revocable license, subject to termination with denial of admission at University’s/Management’s discretion if the holder violates the rules of conduct deemed appropriate by University/Management.
- This ticket may be used by holder only, and may not be transferred or sold at a premium. Lost, stolen or counterfeit tickets or those offered for sale at an unlawful premium may not be honored.
- Holder may not bring balloons, alcoholic beverages, food or beverages, illegal drugs, weapons, pets, umbrellas, strollers, coolers, backpacks, thermoses, laser pointers, irritants (e.g. artificial noisemakers), or strobe lights onto the premises.
- Smoking is not permitted in the facility.
- Holder may be ejected from the event for intoxication, drug use, abusive language or any other conduct that is not conducive to a family atmosphere.
- You consent to participate in a random search upon entry and/or at other times during the event and waive any related claims.
- Holder expressly grants the University and its licensees to use holder’s image or likeness in connection with any live or recorded transmissions or reproductions of such event without further authorization or compensation.
- The holder of this ticket voluntarily assumes all risk and danger of personal injury (including death), property loss or damage and all risks and hazards of every type and nature, arising from, or related in any way to, the event, whether occurring prior to, during or after the event.
- Holder understands the times and locations of events are subject to change with minimal notification.