To ensure a safe event for all participants and that venues are not filled over legal capacity, the State of Rhode Island Fire Marshal’s Office has required the University to issue tickets for entry to all indoor Commencement venues.
Therefore, complimentary tickets are required for all indoor Commencement venues and will be distributed to graduating students in advance.
Where do I get my tickets?
Your dean’s office will give you instructions for getting your limited number of college ceremony tickets. The number of tickets distributed per student is determined by the legal seating capacity of each ceremony location. Every person, including children over the age of two, must have a ticket to enter any indoor college commencement ceremony. Although tickets are required, guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis at all ceremonies. These tickets are valid only for the event location and time printed on the ticket. They may not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
What if it rains?
In the event of rain, the main ceremony will be held in the Ryan Center and each student will receive two (2) rain tickets for that ceremony. As of Monday, April 13, rain tickets can be picked up at the Ryan Center or printed via your online ticketing account TheRyanCenter.com.
Please Note: Ryan Center Tickets
If you have previously purchased tickets to any Ryan Center event on-line then simply log in using your Student ID and your personalized password. If this is your first time, you will need to register your account (student ID/password). The registration process only needs to be done once. Questions regarding your on-line student ticket account can be directed to the Ryan Center Box Office at 401-874-RAMS during normal business hours. The box office is open Monday – Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. through May 1. After May 1 the Box Office is open Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 4.p.m.
About Commencement Tickets
- This ticket is a revocable license, subject to termination with denial of admission at University’s/Management’s discretion if the holder violates the rules of conduct deemed appropriate by University/Management.
- This ticket may be used by holder only, and may not be transferred or sold at a premium. Lost, stolen or counterfeit tickets or those offered for sale at an unlawful premium may not be honored.
- Holder may not bring balloons, alcoholic beverages, food or beverages, illegal drugs, weapons, pets, umbrellas, strollers, coolers, backpacks, thermoses, laser pointers, irritants (e.g. artificial noisemakers), or strobe lights onto the premises.
- Smoking is not permitted in any University facility.
- Holder may be ejected from the event for intoxication, drug use, abusive language or any other conduct that is not conducive to a family atmosphere.
- You consent to participate in a random search upon entry and/or at other times during the event and waive any related claims.
- Holder expressly grants the University and its licensees to use holder’s image or likeness in connection with any live or recorded transmissions or reproductions of such event without further authorization or compensation.
- The holder of this ticket voluntarily assumes all risk and danger of personal injury (including death), property loss or damage and all risks and hazards of every type and nature, arising from, or related in any way to, the event, whether occurring prior to, during or after the event.
- Holder understands the times and locations of events are subject to change with minimal notification.