Academic Advising

Roosevelt Hall, 90 Lower College Road, Kingston, RI 02881 Phone: 401.874.2993 | Fax: 401.874.5085

Changing Your Major

  1. Find the curriculum sheet for the major you want to declare and familiarize yourself with the required courses.
    * Print this sheet so you can track your progress in the major.
  2. Find the advisor for the major you are thinking of declaring. Only advisors from a particular major can declare students in that major.
  3. Set up an appointment following the steps below:
Using your Sakai username and password, log in to your Starfish Home page by going to:star-300-300-150x150STARFISH
Your Home page includes access to a customizable profile and personalized channels that make it easy to schedule the dedicated time you need with your instructors, advisors or counselors. Starfish can also help you manage the steps you need to take to stay on track and meet your goals by providing you with personalized feedback (kudos and flags) from faculty from participating courses. Click on “My Success Network” to begin setting up an appointment.changemajorstarfishdashboardClick on “Discuss Change of Major/Minor – UCAS Students” to get access to advisors outside of your success network.changemajorstarfishsuccessnetworkYou can now browse the available advisors listed or you can search for the appropriate advisors by major. (Please note that it will take a minute for Starfish to load all available advisors)changemajorstarfishdiscusschange
Think Big We Do

Copyright © 2018 University of Rhode Island.