Our URI team presented on this seminar at the AAC&U 2022 Annual Meeting on Educating for Democracy:
Santucci, A., Izenstark, A. & MacDonald, M.C. “Democratic Belonging as Informed Citizenry: Empowering Faculty to Empower Learners via Information Literacy” (POD Network Pre-Meeting Workshop, AAC&U 2022. Washington DC, 19-22 January 2022)
Want to know more? Materials are available here in the DigitalCommons@URI!
Would you like your students to:
- Go beyond Google searches?
- Ask better research questions?
- Move from passive knowledge consumers to active knowledge creators?
- Assess credibility in a changing information world?
- Understand the value of citing their sources?
If you answered YES to one or more of these, the Researching Across the Disciplines Seminar is for you!
What will participants receive?
- Your own copy of Bravender, McClure, and Schaub’s Teaching Information Literacy Threshold Concepts.
- Permanent online access to all seminar resources.
- $1,000 in professional development funds (for conference travel, workshops, pay for student assistants, technology, or licenses) to support developing and implementing a new or redesigned assignment in your course.
- Personal consultation support to implement your work.