- Vice Provost for Academic and Faculty Initiatives
- Office of the Provost / Department of Geosciences
- Phone: 401.874.4408
- Fax: 401.874.7844
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: Office: Provost's Office, Green Hall, 35 Campus Avenue<
- Aqueous Geochemistry
- Numerical Modeling of Ground-Water Flow
- Isotope Hydrology
- Implementation of GeoInfoDB: a web-based relational database portal for subsurface geotechnical data (2006-2007) RI DOT $32,000.
- Amending the 1996 Land-use Plan for the Big River Management Area (2005-2007) RI Water Resources Board $50,000.
- Development of a State-wide Public Water-Supply GIS coverage for Rhode Island (2005-2006) RI Water Resources Center/USGS $12,000.
- Highway flares and runoff: a potential source of surface water contamination in Rhode Island (2004-2006) URI Transportation Center $60,000.
- An interactive, web-based relational database portal for subsurface geotechnical data (2003-2006) RI DOT and USDOT/URI Transportation Center $117,000.
- Water use and Availability, Jamestown, Rhode Island (2001-2004) RI Water Resources Board $37,000.
- Harnessing the Power of Relational Databases for management of geotechnical and geologic data (2002-2005) RI DOT and USDOT/URI Transportation Center $110,000
Ph.D., 1991, University of Arizona
MS, 1986, Syracuse University
BS, 1983, University of Pittsburgh
- Veeger, A.I., Murray, D.P., Hermes, O.D., Boothroyd, J.B., Hamidzada, N., 2004, Harnessing the power of relational databases for managing subsurface geotechnical and geologic data: Environmental and Engineering Geoscience, 10(4), p. 339-346.
- Veeger, A.I., Murray, D.P., Hermes, O.D., Boothroyd, J.B., Hamidzada, N., 2003, Geographic information system-based digital catalog for managing subsurface geotechnical and geologic data: Transportation Research Record, no. 1821, pp. 90-96.
- Veeger, A.I, Vinhateiro, N.D., Nakao, M., and Craft, P.A., 2003, Water Use and Availability, Block Island, Rhode Island, 2000. Rhode Island Geological Survey Report 03-01, 22 pages.
- Veeger, A.I., 2002, Geologic Controls on the Ground-Water Resources of Block Island, Rhode Island: in, Paton, P., ed., The Ecology and Natural History of Block Island, Rhode Island, pp29-36.
- Veeger, A.I., Meritt, D., and Cole, I., 2001, Isotope Hydrology of the Pawcatuck Watershed, Southern Rhode Island, Rhode Island Water Resources Center Technical Report, 12 p.
- Veeger, A.I. and Sandorf, J., 2001, Nonpoint source pollution impacts on the quality of ground and surface water discharging to Narragansett Bay from Conanicut Island, Rhode Island, Technical Report: Rhode Island Aquafund Grant #48, 32 p.
- Sirkin, L. and Veeger A. I., 1998, Geology and Hydrogeology of Block Island, in, Murray, D.P. (ed.), New England Intercollegiate Geologic Conference Guidebook, 90th annual meeting, pp. B5-1 – B5-12.
- Veeger, A.I. and Esquilin, R., 1998, Hydrology of the Matunuck Hills Ponds; RINHews, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 4-5.
- Veeger, A.I., and Ruderman, N.C., 1998, Hydrogeologic controls on Radon-222 in a buried valley-fractured bedrock aquifer system: Ground Water, v. 36, no. 4, pp. 596-604.
- Veeger, A.I., Abrahams-Dematte, W., Michaud, S., and Sandorf, J., 1997, Ground-water quality and hydrogeology of Northern Conanicut Island, Jamestown, Rhode Island: RI Geological Survey Report 97-01, 40 p.
- Veeger, A.I. and Stone, B.D., 1996, Using hydrochemical methods to evaluate complex Quaternary subsurface stratigraphy: Hydrogeology Journal, vol 4, no. 4., pp. 69-82.
- Veeger, A.I. and Johnston, H.E., 1996, Hydrogeology and ground-water resources of Block Island, RI: U.S. Geol. Survey WRIR 94-4096, 68 p.
GEO 483 – Hydrogeology
GEO 568 – Isotopes in Hydrogeology
GEO 583 – Ground-Water Modeling