The Leadership Partnership of Rhode Island is a group of Rhode Island employers in the manufacturing and related industries, supported by the University of Rhode Island. We received a grant from Real Jobs RI to offer professional development and support to leaders in the industry.
We offer leadership and mentoring training programs designed to:
- Prepare/develop/support new and emerging leaders
- Prepare/develop experienced leaders to be mentors
- Increase engagement among high potential employees and leaders
Participants in both programs earn URI Certification and Continuing Education Units. Thanks to funding from Real Jobs RI, this training is offered free of charge!
Mentor Training Program:
- Designed for experienced leaders
- 18 hours of training over 6 sessions on Thursdays from 9am-12pm
- Earn 1.8 CEUs from URI
- Membership in Mentoring Network
Leadership Training Program:
- 36 hours of training over 12 sessions on Thursdays from 1pm-4pm
- Competency-based classroom instruction
- Mentoring from an experienced leader
- On-the-job training plan to transfer learning
- Earn 3.6 CEUs from URI
Training locations rotate between Toray Plastics (Quonset), AstroNova (West Warwick), Taco Comfort Solutions (Cranston), and Dominion Diagnostics (Quonset) to provide a richer experience for participants by affording them the opportunity to visit other manufacturing organization campuses.