- Associate Professor
- Room 314
- Phone: 401.874.9090
- Fax: 401.874.2380
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: 2 Lippitt Rd., East Hall, Room 314
Department of Physics, URI
Kingston, RI 02881
2013-current: Department of Physics, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
2006-2013: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
2004-2006: Research Scientist, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
2000-2003: Member of Technical Staff, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
1999-2000: Senior Laser Physicist, INRAD, Inc.
- Ultrafast spectroscopy and nonlinear optics of two-dimensional structures.
- Nonlinear optical and spectroscopic imaging for bio-medical and biophysics applications.
- Tunable laser sources.
- 1996-1999: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- 1994-1996: Charge de Recherche, Laboratoire de Optique Quantique, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France
- 1988-1992: Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Physics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia.
- 1991: Ph.D. in Physics of Quantum Electronics, Department of Physics, R.V. Khokhlov Nonlinear Optics Institute, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
- 1987: MS (physics) Department of Physics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
- Mokim, A.Card, F.Ganikhanov, Nonlinear optical susceptibility of atomically thin WX2crystals. Optical Materials 88, 30-38 (2019)
- Mokim, Ch.Carruba, F.Ganikhanov, Tracing molecular dephasing in biological tissue. Applied Physics Letters 111, 183701 (2017)
- Card, M.Mokim and F.Ganikhanov, Resolving fine spectral features in lattice vibrational modes using femtosecond coherent spectroscopy. AIP Advances 6, 025115 (2016)
- Vogel, A. Wingert, R. Fink, C. Hagl, Ganikhanov, C. Pfeffer,(2015) Enabling the detection of UV signal in multimodal nonlinear microscopy with catalogue lens components. Journal of Microscopy 260, 62-72 (2015)
- Yang and F.Ganikhanov, Dispersion of the resonant nonlinear optical susceptibility obtained with femtosecond time-domain Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering. Opt. Lett. 38, 4754-4757 (2013)
Awards and Honors:
2009-2021: NSF, NIH, DOD research grant awards
2010: NSF CAREER award