Property & Support Services

URI's Property & Support Services is involved in most University activities including delivery of new computers, moving the contents of entire buildings, and creating technical reports for senior administrators.

A department within the University of Rhode Island’s Business Services unit.

Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Moving, Shredding, & Furniture for Offices and Events

How do I get confidential paperwork shredded?

The Warehouse staff picks up confidential shredding from all departments. Complete the Work Order for Shredding and submit it to  All other paper products should be disposed of through URI Recycling.

How do I order tables, chairs, podiums, and/or ferns for an event?

Complete the Work Order for Tables/Chairs/Podiums/Ferns and submit it to

I am looking for office equipment for a faculty/staff, whom do I contact?

University surplus furniture hours are from 10-11 a.m. Contact Central Receiving to check on availability of items.

Whom do I contact if a professor is moving from one building/office to another?

Complete the Work Order for Moves/Tape/Boxes and submit it to Central Receiving staff provides boxes and tape, if needed.

Copyright © 2024 University of Rhode Island.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top