Exec 10-37-17

MEETING START TIME: 6:30 PM

ATTENDANCE: 

Committee: Buck, Donnelly, Percy, Wilding, Taylor, Temple, Tate, St. Amand, Bertel, King, Cordova, Howard, Morabito Absent:

Non-Committee: Speaker Watka, Senator Nelson

COMMITTEE DISCUSSION:

• President o Digital update through elections, accounting office o BridgeUSA
    • I was talking about advertising with the DOC to make our presence better known.
  • Vice President o Retreat went well.
    • Scholarship is going well with 15 applicants.
  • Treasurer o Not much going on
    • I met with the President of Bridge-USA to discuss a presentation. After some conversations, it is not possible to pay for security for the event. Same with advertising. Much of their costs can be paid through group fundraising. o I also met with the President of College Republicans and he understands similar limitations.
  • DOC
    • Sweatshirts (quarter zips) are a disaster. They are happening, but will still happening. T-shirts are good to go. Long sleeves are almost a lost cause.

Cash and check are accepted only. I have pictures. o Tell your committee to get their headshots done by next Friday, they do not get one.

• There have been no upcoming Cigar interviews. Reports are still good.
  • Newsletter may be coming out tomorrow.
  • CIO
    • Election Reforms

▪ Flaws in Nomination Process

• Vutech/Keene
    • Conflict of Interest in hosting our own committee
    • Talked with Carl Stiles about this, hoping for him to talk with us about his ideas o Sexual Assault
    • After the Retreat
    • Flyers, magnets, resources from the Women’s Center o Liaisons
    • Unresponsive Deans
    • Talking with VP Collins o Bimonthly Report
    • Next Tuesday o Public Forum o OpEd in recent Cigar
    • Talking with VP Collins and Dan Graney o Speak with VP and P (RE: making motions) o Vice Chairs
  • Academic
  • Some of us went to the post-retreat event for Sexual Assault. I want to know what is in place for interpersonal violence. o I am going to tackle attendance policy through affordability by suggesting that students should not have to pay for things that make them attend class.
  • Liaisons are having issues with unresponsive deans. We are considering a memorandum to them.
  • Constitution change, I drafted a change that would allow the Academic Chair and not the VP to speak for the President in their absence. I would like to replace the word with ‘designee’ with ‘Academic Affairs Chair’.
  • Campus
    • New Director of Housing is starting November 6th, 2017.
    • Candidates for Dining Services Director are all external candidates.
  • Cultural o I met with a member of the President’s Commission for people with disabilities and she thought the Accessibility challenge and did not understand why we were told not to do it. We are going forward with the challenge.
  • External o The Committee has finalized the design for the Renters’ Rights magnets. We plan on ordering 500 which is 12% of what we have ordered before.
    • We discussed what the best information was. It gives a lot of good information.
    • I talked with the 2100 to distribute the magnets we have. o I plan on planning the Commuter Appreciation Fair this Thursday where we will distribute magnets. o Debate on the magnets.
  • Finance o This week in committee, we approved a $1,000 budget transfer.
    • I was carrying various computer parts because the computer in the box office broke and we have to pay for it. I am drafting a contingency grant for them. I was sent a quote for about $450. If Finance approves, and I will abstain, it would be for a blanket PO to buy the PC and extension cords, etc.
  • SOARC
    • ReRec is still going on and I am happy with the way it is going.
    • Two groups who came yesterday and now two bills are coming to the floor tomorrow. I am going to get group liaisons going this week.
  • New Business o Bylaws

▪ Discussion on changes.

• Extra
    • It is not in your Bylaws to go to the retreat, so I do not appreciate being yelled at or scolded for not doing something they were not required to do in the first place.
    • Please nominate people for Senator Sunday

MEETING ADJOURNMENT TIME: 8:38 PM